Question for guys running DNA springer Fronts

reelop19

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I want to run a 21" rim with a disc brake and a fender. My DNA is on its way in the mail. Do you have any recommendations for those parts. I just got done buying an Ardcore tail and a Cole Foster tank so please don't go crazy with your suggestions as I just put a nice dent in my bank account :thumbsup: Thanks

Buy the DNA disk brake system for the DNA front end. And They use a Harley wide gilde front wheel from 84 to 99 model. It's around 600-700 new for these two parts here in oz not sure how much they are in the states..

Dang this is sounding like the makings of another Angry Monkey style build. I will be following this one.
jefft

Never mind. I have found a couple brackets and Harley calipers on eBay that will work. I'm thinking the newer Harley Brembos will work which would be real nice

Last edited:
Only caliper bracket i have seen that works with stock Harley caliper on eBay is that copy off fabkevins design. Only thing with that one is the it needs to be worked on some more. Seen one sent to fabkevin to put a bushing or bearing in it. Problem with the bracket is that if you put the spacers on the axle the bracket it will get sandwiched and not be able to move. Caliper bracket should be able to move freely over the spacers. That's what I learned during my research. I was going to do the same thing. But found a used older jaybrake caliper and bracket. But now I'm going no front brake. Good luck with your build. Lots of into on what brakes to use on springer front.

Back