Question Regarding the Front-End of my 1973 TX650.

MplsMurr

1973 TX650
Reaction score
Hey everybody,

Thank you all in advance! Well, I have my bike looking almost how I want it this summer. Because I like lists, my concerns and questions:

+ I bought Emgo shorty levers. I can pull the clutch with two fingers and the replacement works great. The front brake does not fit. It appears to be one contraption. Is this correct? Where could I find a shorty (silver/chrome) front brake lever contraption. If I am wrong, please guide me great ones.

+ The front brake is silky smooth and works with one finger. Woo! The brake light does not turn on until ham-fisted. My rear brake turns the light on right away with a faint touch. How can I make the front brake turn the brakelights on right away as well. I cannot find this sensor, switch, or button. Seriously looked for a long time both on the bike and the web. No luck.

+ Are the woodcraft clip-ons worth the extra money? I currently have drag bars and, yes, I do have rearsets.

+ Are there any plug-and-play speedometers/tachometers? I like the ones on DimeCity, but I think I might have to make brackets? Are there any that are either flush (and not $500) or mount into the current brackets?
++ If I get aftermarket ones, is it customary, if I ever sell the bike, to adjust the speedometer to read my current miles?

+ Are new carbs worth it, if my stock ones run great?

+ Also, I just started experience a weird ticking noise coming from the front end. Sort of sounds like baseball cards in bicycle spokes. Any clue?

P.S. The front brake sensor/switch/button is my most important one since I cannot figure that one out and is driving me nuts.

TL;DR Where is the front brake sensor/switch/button?

Thank you, everyone!!

Back