RADIAN SWINGARM FOR XS650?

Knobzilla

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
HELLO FELLOW PEG GRINDERS. I MX A STOCK FRAME 1973 XS650. I AM TOLD THAT A YAMAHA RADIAN SWINGARM WILL FIT THIS BIKE. I AM LOOKING FOR MORE RIGIDITY AND LESS WEIGHT (THE OVERSIZED MAN CARGO IS ENUF). ANY IDEAS ON THE RADIAN...IS IT LIGHTER...WHAT YEAR OF RADIAN WILL BOLT UP...ETC. THANK YOU AND HAPPY MOTORING.

HELLO FELLOW PEG GRINDERS. I MX A STOCK FRAME 1973 XS650. I AM TOLD THAT A YAMAHA RADIAN SWINGARM WILL FIT THIS BIKE. I AM LOOKING FOR MORE RIGIDITY AND LESS WEIGHT (THE OVERSIZED MAN CARGO IS ENUF). ANY IDEAS ON THE RADIAN...IS IT LIGHTER...WHAT YEAR OF RADIAN WILL BOLT UP...ETC. THANK YOU AND HAPPY MOTORING.
I have a Radian in my Tracker ‘Taffy’.
its box section and larger than stock so probably heavier.
A lot stiffer than stock. And with a bit of welding you can change the shock mount position.

Yes, that's still considered an early type. The frame and swingarm were changed in '74.

Installed one on my 78 SE. Had the axle hole milled out for the bigger axle. Shimed the shocks out about a 1/4 inch. Kaw KZ750 hub.

Attachments

• IMG_3019.jpeg
    IMG_3019.jpeg
    487.8 KB · Views: 52
Radian arm next to a 72 arm, mebby 2 1/2"" longer.
radian  xs2 swingarm.jpg
It's wider at the axle plates than the early bikes also the top and bottom shock mounts will be rather offset from each other.

Back