Ramair offset filters

funky

XS650 Junkie
Reaction score
Hi has anyone out there fitted these to stock CV carbs
Untitled.png
They are 52mm ID I have BS34 carbs and want to do away with my tired airboxes
All the best Funky

lol :laughing:I am going to measure mine:rolleyes:. But I must say :geek: its very kind of you to posto_O but my answer was not present :wtf:or come to think of it :umm:NOT even aked right by myself :oops:so thats why the answeres you gave me were of the wrong order :p:sneaky: .:D...This is what I need to know :banghead: will the air filter (PICTURED) :lmao: regardless of bell end size ;):laughing:....FIT physically :D complete in its entirety;) regardless of bell end orefice size:laughing:
I mean FIT in the area vacated by the original air box:thumbsup:. Remembering the (Pictured) airfilter is offset:cautious: and there is a cross brace on the frame :thumbsdown:which my interfear with said offset of the filter :)If you get my drift :wtf::yikes::smoke::smoke:
All the best Funky who needs to measure his bell end

The offset can only point to the inside? It can't point up, down or to the outside? Ever seen a picture of Mikes XS performance filters? Wouldn't that profile shape be about the same? And yes I agree if you wanted to know if the area needed for the shape why would outlet ID be included in the question? In this case it may be entirely possible to fit an oval peg in a square hole. You will include a product review after your purchase?

I just like emogees :lmao: I am rather confused....
The offset can only point to the inside? It can't point up, down or to the outside? ???????????? WHY :umm:

oh OK see what you mean sorry :D I suppose it does not matter about orintation of the filter :smoke:I recon they would fit will order some and update with pics many thanks :)

I see RamAir makes a 55mm size which is probably what you'll want for your BS34s. When I had offset pods, I offset them down and slightly in .....

650KNs.jpg

I don't recommend using a pleated K&N style filter any more. They don't work right. This pic is from when I first started out and before I knew better, lol.

Thanks again 5twins I can see from that picture that the filter clears the crossmember from the centre post :)
All the best

I fought the jetting with pleated pods on BS38's seemingly forever trying to find the right balance, and never did. Foam filters straightened it all out. The foam apparently kills the turbulence that messes up the air signals at the mouth of these CV carbs. I cannot comprehend pleated pods on CV carbs for me ever again. It may have been 5twins who clued me in on that subject.

I'm pretty sure the solid, flat end of the pleated metal filters reflects a resonance wave from the intake valve back down the carburetor throat, causing all kinds of hookie-bookie you don't want.
I had thoughts of 3D printing some sort of wedge/cone/ridge shaped insert in my XSPerf. pods to deflect those waves to the side, but haven't really had time or give-a-damn to pursue that.

foam pods sorted my bike out, too. too bad I hate dealing with the oily damned things... at least my breather keeps them freshly oiled full-time... hahahaha

Back