RAMHORN HANDLEBARS lost in 1977 turn up on EBAY

ANLAF

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
Fellers

I had these RAMHORN handlebars on my BSA A10 back in 1977. The bike disappeared. I have been on the look out for any sign of it for, let's see, 36-37 years, nuttin' (could it have been the one-armed man?). Then a couple of weeks ago the bars turned up on eBay. I bought them, and they are the very same bars down to the marks I made on them.

I have never ever seen a pair like them anywhere - has anyone else seen bars like them?

ANLAF

Attachments

• ANLAF'S BSA 10 CHOPPER 1977.JPG
    ANLAF'S BSA 10 CHOPPER 1977.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 480
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    233.4 KB · Views: 732
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 317
Yep, good name, Airwolfie - now the name of Ramhorn XS Ltd, and a character in one of my books - heh! heh! Yes, good name. It conjours up many thoughts. I am going to paint the name on the bike somewhere and frighten the ladies.

ANLAF

Weaselbeak,

I see where you are coming from. The Motto Guzzi bars are a style called BUCKHORN bars, I think, that sweep up and back - the unique thing about mine is they curve right over in an arch and point downwards. I'm beginning to think they might be a oneoff build by some genius fabricator back in the 70s.

ANLAF

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    74.1 KB · Views: 244
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 451
Cheers, Sparky.

Fndirtygreaser, so, a phrase coined especially for the bars - it will catch on, I'm sure. Side of the tank? I'll get my paint brush out - it'll have to go somewhere.

ANLAF

Back