rapidly getting sick of snow

inxs

xx
Reaction score
- been snowing all night, about 170mm now, first swept the path outside at about 03.00, i hate it when people walk through it compressing the snow to ice, kids are now up and demanding i make pancakes

mix...
1 cup flour
fresh grated nutmeg
pinch of salt

hand mix in an egg till powdery

can easily double if wanted

mix in vanilla yoghurt and a little maple syrup or 100% fruit syrup
make to consistency with milk

let sit half an hour then check consistency

cook and eat with topping of your choice

Luckily I missed it, the only thing I have to worry about is the boiled pork pillow, if you've never lived in a hot country you won't know what it is:laugh:

strange thing is, nearly all my most memorable rides have been in real crap weather, soaked or wondering how cold you had to be before you get hyperphermia, I hardly ever remember the nice let's ride to the coast for the day rides.

Guess you guys wouldnt like it where i am in Muskoka (2 hours north of Toronto Ontario) we got over 3 feet in three days before Christmas and this morning its -22c! It will take a while to get the shop warmed up.

- thats nice up there, used to go fishing on lake rosseau and had good friends a little further north in huntsville...nice area, very nearly settled there

- good anti-snow therapy, Ichi The Killer, by director Takashi Miike...have enjoyed many of his films

- thats nice up there, used to go fishing on lake rosseau and had good friends a little further north in huntsville...nice area, very nearly settled there

Great Place to live, great roads and now that im a local, you find lots of great places that you dont get to see just visiting or cottaging. But you just have to deal with a bit of snow and cold winters

Summer is coming to Winnipeg ....yes that's right, it may be here by this Tuesday..... 3C is predicted (almost 40F).

I am only passing this on as it has been -36C here less than 4 days ago.

We have very little to celibrate on the Prairies during the winter.

Hi Guys,

Thank you! Every time I get disgusted with my house and want to move, I just have to read about other areas and I'm so thankful! It's around 43F outside, a light breeze and sunshine with broken clouds. Of course, last year this time we were snowed in, trying to plow a couple of feet of snow, but that is unusual.

So, yeah. I love my little logger's shack in the woods, despite the growth of houses around me and my lack of horror stories regarding weather. Spending a winter 2 hours north of Toronto sounds fun, though---lots of baking and reading time, and time to sit and dream about Summer rides....I could do that.

Spring is coming, Guys--it happens every year, no matter how long Winter looks!

Barb

Well here in Calgary, the weather is totally unpredictable. Believe it or not, our high today, which is our present temperature of 7C or 45F, is higher than Orlando Florida:D. The next 5 days looks to be the same.

The Chinook winds are here and our streets are a real mess from the big dump of snow we had about a week and a half ago.

Yeah, snow is ok I guess, its the cold that really sucks. We had a big storm on 12-24 to 26 ;heavy wet snow and rain which turned to ice. Gald to hear that its not just minnesotans who love to bitch about the cold. Give me 6 months and i'll be complianing about the heat.HaHA.
Hey another good additive for pancakes is cooked wild rice.

Hi Guys,

Well, as long as we are talking about snow....this is last May on Hwy 2, going over the Cascades. We were camping....:bike:

Barb

Attachments

• Steven's Pass--May, 2008.jpg
    Steven's Pass--May, 2008.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 215
- i worked winter exploration contracts in the yukon for many years, that was quite ok, a comfortable dry-cold, not like the wet-cold shit i get now that is generally gone in a few hours or days...not even snowmobile friendly

- sitting here wishing i hadnt eaten so much over the silly season and regretting not being out training...speaking of which the motivation is getting harder each year i get closer to being 60...downhill cycling is what i like to do for fun when im not getting into trouble, these hardouts do it against the clock...normally we run in the mountains, here is a twist

Back