rapidly getting sick of snow

Nope, have to have the snow flake stamped on them.

The law itself I have no real problem with, as the roads are safer now that there's no one trying to getr away with all seaon tires any more, but it's the fact that unlike other places you can't plate for only part of the year, you have to plate for the whole period. (They actually reworked the las so that you can't just un register the bike for the winter anymore.

Between courses, plating, inspection, license etc, it's gonna cost me at least 5 times more than what I paid for the bike just to ride it, for one year, not counting insurance or gas, or parts, or helmet, etc.

With all their effort to get cars off the road they should be encouraging bikes, not making them a toy only for the rich...

re: snow tire law: Hm. That's an interesting side effect i hadn't thought about. They're thinking about bringing it in in Ontario, but it's completely unnecessary in the Greater Toronto Area, if they just enforced the "minimum tread depth" laws for all seasons.

I think it would suck large if i couldn't ride on a freak 15 degree January day.

Well here in Calgary, the weather is totally unpredictable. Believe it or not, our high today, which is our present temperature of 7C or 45F, is higher than Orlando Florida:D. The next 5 days looks to be the same.

We take our family vacation in January for a week at Disney World. This year I took pictures of a water fountain with ice on it. We were there when it was one of the coldest days in 83 years. I've been ready for spring ever since!

- had 16°C here yesterday...clocked up 198km and replaced the rear brake shoes and cylinders on the car while i could...bonus points for me:D:thumbsup:

- has started to snow here again...green...finally...daffodils are even flowering :D
- as its easter next weekend, yesterday we went to the ronneburg easter medieval market to look for things to hide in the garden for the kids

P3290007.jpg

P3290009.jpg

- unfuckingbelieveable...this is may, snow yet again...just as well i was too lazy to put my summer tyres on the cage

Supposed to snow tonight here too. We didn't have any snow in March (not even flurries) which is usually the snowiest month. That was a 150 year record. The snow tonight will probably be another one.

John how was your summer? did you get out and ride much? gotta go Happy Thanksgiving

Windier than a sack full of farts........blew my tomato plants down and about blew me off the road more than once..........dang

http://www.brucedeming.com/blog/virginia-motorcyclist-blown-off-bridge.cfm

xsjohn

You haven't experience winds until you've experienced the sand storms of the Chihuahuan Desert. 80 mph gusts, brown skies, dirt in your teeth just from going from your house to your car.

Luckily, it's wide open land here in west Texas so we don't have to worry much about being blown off of bridges. We do have to look out for semi trucks that could flip with over with one gust of wind.

I'll take it though for the 365 days of good riding weather we get here.

...brown skies, dirt in your teeth just from going from your house to your car.

brown skies... check.. dirt in your teeth.. check..

Been there.. It sucks. Especially when you're outside, see it coming, and have no way to hide.

Attachments

• Dsc00634sm.jpg
    Dsc00634sm.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 184
Back