Raw Metal

InfamousXS

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello All,

So I have been on the forum a few months and have read thousands of topics while working on my first build. I have been trying to decide paint options for the longest time and I decided that I want to leave the fender and tank raw steel. I have read a lot about brushing the side covers but wanted to know what to do for the tank. They have a few imperfections on them both so I would need to touch up both pieces before putting a clear coat on them. Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot guys :bike:

DSC08681_resize.jpg

This is a grinder finish with red candy powder coat.

At a bike show awhile ago I saw a tank/fender that had a swirl finish and then was painted with a candy type finish. I thought it looked really good and different from anything else there. The swirl pattern would hide alot of imperfections i would think. It looked something like this but with a candy red over the top.

http://www.milehighpolishing.com/#/finishesgrinding/4529135943

Although I do like the look of that paint job, I wanted the raw look because I can't choose a color :banghead:

I will just google it and see what I come up with, I just don't want to damage the tank or fender any more by doing something stupid. I know a few guys on the board has a bike with the raw look too

My bike has been raw almost 2 summers now. All I use is wd40 and scuff pad. Motor oil works to but gets on your cloths. Clear coat will rust underneath and yellow.

Posted via Mobile

Back