Rear brake arm replacement for rearsets?

MISTERPROFESSIONALITY

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Many of you have probably encountered this already when replacing the standard foot pegs and controls with rearsets. The rear brake lever can not be connected to the linkage with the new rearsets because its position interferes with the use of the kickstart lever. this is due to the pronounced "bent" shape of the brake lever. even cutting it short doesn't really solve this problem. I can't position it hanging down, either, due to interference with the exhaust.

I found a replacement low profile brake arm at cognitomoto, but I know from shopping there before that almost everything they sell is much higher priced than it needs to be. https://cognitomoto.com/products/yamaha-brake-lever-for-spline-xs650-xs750-xs850-rd350-rd400

Does anybody know of another outlet that makes a replacement brake lever arm that I can connect to my rearset linkage?

I have two bikes with rear drum brake an RD and an XS. Currently I have rearsets on the RD, and in the process of building rearsets for the XS.
I positively HATE the clunky linkages and stock pivot/arm/rod setup. Heavy, complicated, indirect. I am going to convert both to cable actuation, like the TR350 roadracer, or something similar.

Back