Rear brake as a hand control

To expand; the front and rear calipers are the same on the XS650 and the rear rotor is a bit smaller. Many on here claim the stock North American front master cylinder actually works better with two disks than it does on the single so it's not a terrible stretch to try it on one front and one rear rotor..... A simple way to proportion would be to cut or grind away some of the pad surface from the rear reducing it's area.

Just to keep this going, I know that by riding a motorcycle you already assume a certain amount of danger but why increase your risk by not running a front break?

Sure its a clean look there Jesse James, but really, it's a 35 yr old Yamaha. Your building this bike to fucking ride it right?
These are not one off, ultra expensive, custom trailer queen V twins here, these are old bikes you intend to ride right? Do you not want to stop as best you can? Or do you think that you'll be just fine cuz it's only a "bar hopper" and you only want to go to the bar to show off your clean front end?

You want to go with no front brake, sure, go right ahead, there are hipsters and then there are those that know motorcycles.

Look, my bobber would look great without a front disk and brake but I want to actually ride the snot out of it and stop when I need to, not worrying if this ride will be my last by my own negligence.
Am I going to put all my faith in that rear drum I cobbled together even tho I completely rebuilt it? Hells no. But be my guest.

Just my 2 cents!! Hate me if ya want!

I dont drink, so bar hopping is irrelavant!! Id rather ride with no front brake than drink and ride. Thats shear stupidity. I will ride accordingly knowing I dont have that stopping power of the front brake.
Question to you: Do you wear a helmet?? And be truthful

Back