Wanted - Rear brake drum parts for '76 model

goodgollyjosh

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I am converting a '79 model from rear disk to rear drum so I can run a spoke wheel (18"). I secured a drum brake and some parts but am still in need of a few things. Frankenbob and DaddyG Cycles both have been very helpful to me in sending parts and hopefully I can find what I need by putting this ad to some others on the forum.
drum brake layout 1.jpg
drum brake layout 2.jpg
I am looking for #7,8,17,20,30, and 35. Thanks for taking the time to look guys!

OK 7,8,17, are part of the wheel bearings inside the wheel between the bearings and 20,30, are axle spacers 35 is a brake part it's the brake stay rod bolt. I may have one I have to go through a few bucket of bolts to find or you can use a bolt and nut thats what I do on all my hardtails. hope this helps I'll look to see if I have a 35

Actually, I have a question for you Dirty Dog...Are there any pieces from the disk set-up with alloy wheel that is useable with the drum brake? For instance, the spacers that go in between the bearings? I might be able to contact the guy I sold the disk brake set-up to and see if he still has these.

I may can help with 7 and 8. It would be from a TX750 wheel but I'm pretty sure those swap no problem. How clean do they have to be?

I have the middle spacer and the washer that goes on it and the right side spacer.
pm an offer.

Back