Rear brake foot pedal pivot issue.

Dakota_Lew

XS650 Agronomist
Reaction score
I have got myself in a little predicament on a fresh cafe rebuild. My rear brake foot lever doesn't want to swivel much at all. It 100% moves in the frame but somewhere else its binding on something, which wont allow me to actuate the rear master cylinder. When I do press on it forward it hangs up to the point I have to use some back words force to get it unstuck. It seems to be getting bound somewhere along the way on the inside of the frame. I also know its not the rear master cylinder causing the bound, since I have taken the push rod off the lever it self. Can anyone give me some insight on what it might be binding on.

I been staring at this thing for a few days now and have got myself flustered, it such a simple mechanism i seem to be missing something fairly obvious. I also cant seem to find a decent diagram in the hanes manual to wrap my head around it. Any advice would be welcomed.

Thanks for your time.

Yea the spring is there and all, maybe its binding in the frame itself. I guess I need to pull it all apart and lube the piss out of it.

Yea took it apart and inspected it closer the PO had obviously welded near it and there was big splatters of weld... Grinded it off, little grease and she is smooth as butter. Thanks for the diagram!

Should have known better, this it the third time I have found goof ball welding on this bike.

Back