Wanted - Rear disc assembly

willyt

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking to change my rear brake to a disc setup.
I Need:
master cylinder
Disc
Caliper
Caliper mount bracket
Brake pedal cam
Torque arm

I know there's a bit of debate over why change to disc but currently I have a Frankenstein xs1 with a Kawasaki rear drum. I have an 18inch yamaha rear mag wheel that I want to use.
Unless somebody has a Yamaha rear drum wheel they want to part with disc conversion seems to be my best option at this stage.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_1431.JPG
    IMG_1431.JPG
    271.9 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
I have all the parts to do the swap besides the disk "I might have one il have to look" if your still looking. Do you all ready have a disk swingarm?

IMG_0878.JPG
IMG_1368.JPG
I have a swingarm with a mount for the torque arm or brake stay on the top of the swing arm. I am not 100% sure if it's off an xs650 or if it's from the Kawasaki z1 the wheel is off.
I'm also in New Zealand if you're willing to ship here or our postal service has a depot in Portland Oregon that can forward stuff on to me.

Last edited:
I also have a complete rear end with rim from an XS that I can ship to New Zealand. Let me know if your interested.

Keep hunting ebay; that's how I found mine.
Just to get off in the weeds a little...
Are those forks from a XS850 Special? Looks good. Did you also use the XS850 triples?
I'm doing a similar leading axle fork (but from a KLR650), and am curious as to any affect on the handling.

I didn't do the original build on this bike I'm redoing it to suit what I want. Think the front forks are off a suzuki gsx750 or 1000 not too sure.

Back