rear disc brak stay, what rubber line for aftermarket MSC

emzdogz

Aunty Em
Reaction score
Trying to wrap my brain around something.

On my hardtail project bike I've come to the point where I need to weld a front mount to the frame for the rear caliper "stay" to attach to.
On a stock bike the mount point is either on top or bottom side of the front part of the swingarm - depending on whether its a disc brake bike or drum.

Question: as the axle gets moved rearward, (when chain tightening adjustments get made), is the rear disc caliper supposed to rotate forward, to reach the forward mounting point of the stay arm, or is the stay arm supposed to be mounted/attached with the axle in its rearmost position as standard, and then as the axle gets moved forward (like when you have a new chain) the ANGLE of the stay arm just cocks itself upwards? like a bent knee?
...so there's that....

also I have a rear master cyl from Mikes that uses a remote reservoir. It comes with a black rubber tube that is not long enough for me to mount the res. where I need to.
Question: would fuel line work OK for this? the stuff that came with it doesn't seem to be any special brake fluid impervious stuff, or re-inforced in any way.
Just wondering if I can go ahead and do this using normal rubber line.
(need to mount it a bit higher than the supplied tubing allows for, to create a bit of extra room for the battery.

thanks in advance! hope this made sense.
Em

Back