rear disc setup on hardtail?

sluginxlt

xs6-fiddy
Reaction score
trying to figure out how to mount all of my factory rear disc brake parts "lever, resivoir, ect." on my hardtailed frame. anybody have close up shots of there setup?

what did you figure out on this? I'm struggling with the Master cylinder brake setup. The only thing I've seen is Ardcore's Bad Penny. They have it set up nice but the picture of the brake arm isn't that great.

i haven't quite figured it out yet, Ive put the project on back burner for a while. hope to get motivated again soon. but im not gonna run forward controls cause i like the clean old school look of mids

70's harley sportster master cylinders look pretty good, way better than the complicated yamaha setup.
PICT3229.JPG

Hey Tech where did you get the rear master cylinder from? That doesn't look like the stock one. I was going to set my up similar to yours but the pivot will be different since I'll have forward controls.

thanks for the quick reply, i just found it on there site and was gonna reply that i seen its at mikes xs. that seems to be the best way to go, my stock one has leaky seals anyways.

Yeah I think I'm gonna have to get one but I am still trying to figure out how to have a remote MC for the front. I don't want the reservoir on the handlebars but I still want a front brake.

fabkevin sells a remote MC. You could buy one from him or copy his design. I've decided on the same master from mikesXS and the universal rear sets from TCbros. Should have some pics by Friday.

Keep in mind that you don't want the pedal pivot any further forward on the frame. It is really close to the starter motor.

by the way where did you get that rear fender and whats the width of it? the last things ive been stalling on the bike is rear brake setup, rear fender, and electrics. I made a custom drop seat and really wanted to run no fender but the tire would eat your a$$ lol

Attachments

• bike 039.jpg
    bike 039.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 369
Not advising to do this, just how I did it! I tied front and rear together off the front master. Tried it first with "Valve" but ended up adjusting all the way out to get best braking (70/30) so I took the valve out of the loop. I used a modern spotbike master for dual front disc and stainless lines all around, I would not do this without the stainless lines. I used a "T" to split the line near the neck area. Bike stops without either front or rear locking up before the other. Agian not saying you should do this or a "how to" just saying this is what I did.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

never even crossed my mind to do something like that. thats a good idea also. so there is no adjusting valve on yours now? just the master cyl with one line to the rear and one to the front? so in theory its 50/50 breaking and it works well?

Back