Rear Fender

sailor1968

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I am at aloss trying to find a rear fender. Want something close to the tire but cannot find just the right fit. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Attachments

• DSCF1449.JPG
    DSCF1449.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 208
what lots of guys do is find one close, then grind slots in it with a die grinder along the edge, bend it to fit your tire perfectly, then weld up the slots,tig or mig. grind it all down and sand it smooth. on a hardtail i like to duct tape a piece of 3/8 fuel line on top of the tire to get the clearence when fitting the fender to the frame and tire.

that bike calls out for a girder front end, would really set it off. girders used to be common back in the day. not sure im spelling it correctly.i havent seen one in a decade. they were cool as springers but handled a bit better due to less flex. they were stout.

Last edited:
Running a 35 mm stock xs front end. I am working on wiring and welding brackets so I can get frame painted and then on to the tins. I hope to have most of the fab work done in the next couple of weeks.

That tank looks pretty angular were you looking for the flat trailer fender. Lowbrow customs has some decent looking fenders for 16" wheels.

Back