rear shocks

hdtech13

hdtech13
Reaction score
hey guys and gals! so im new here and hope to be able to obtain a little info. i just bought a 1975 XS650 and would like to lower the rear a bit w/o going hardtail. any suggestions????:confused:

Every now and then a set of lowering blocks shows up on ebay. They would also give your shocks an angled look as oppossed to straight up and down.

hey KevC! I found the 11" shocks on www.650central.com and they just happen to be exactly what i was lookin for! thanks alot for the heads up. also found alot of other stuff on the site that was quite helpful. hope to talk to ya again soon!

I run a pair of Triumph shocks stolen from a parts bike (T100C) and they work really well, even with the chair. I guess new ones would be better, but these were free......it's amazing what will work if it really needs to. :

Barb

Every now and then a set of lowering blocks shows up on ebay. They would also give your shocks an angled look as oppossed to straight up and down.

I've never messed with these, how does one go about finding the right kit for the bike? I'd like to try 'em out on my '74.

Well like weekendrider said, try searching ebay every now and then for xs650 lowering blocks or something similar. I don't think there are any on there right now though. Also, I don't think there are any differences between the way the lower shocks mount over the years so if they say XS650, TX650, XS1, XS2, they should work.

Well like weekendrider said, try searching ebay every now and then for xs650 lowering blocks or something similar. I don't think there are any on there right now though. Also, I don't think there are any differences between the way the lower shocks mount over the years so if they say XS650, TX650, XS1, XS2, they should work.

Good to know, thanks for the heads up. I'm still trying to decide if I should buy the standard mikesxs suspension, or if I should hold out until I can spend a little more and get the Progressive 12 Series.

Last I checked JCWhitney didn't have lowering kits anymore for XSs. Once in a while they come up on ebay though. I just used shorter shocks.

- i like to use longer shocks, 13-13.5 in, 330-345mm, set slightly harder, for my style of riding it helps transfer more weight forwards

Back