rec/reg mount

dlabkeeg

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
What do you guys think is the best place to mount it? Would like to keep it close to the battery/electrical box I'm making, but if it needs to be mounted up by the forks it shall be done. The last pic is the shape the batt. box. I have a thing for the maltese cross.

Attachments

• DSCF0377.jpg
    DSCF0377.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 186
  • DSCF0383.jpg
    DSCF0383.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 201
  • DSCF0384.jpg
    DSCF0384.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 174
  • DSCF0387.jpg
    DSCF0387.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 155
- my preference lies in the second option, out of sight behind the battery box yet in the direct airflow

Yeah, that's the way I like it too. Didn't know if it would get enough air around the batt. box though. Thanks for the input.

I hang mine under the battery box in the OEM rectifier position, with spacers so air circulates all the way around it.

- if using spacers make sure theyre secure and strong ... these machines vibrate

you could take best of all the worlds and mount it on the bottom of battery box, so its not seen, and use spacers so it gets plenty of air. Just use loctite. if using 1/4 or bigger bolts on my Harleys I use Red Loctite, otherwise they get blue.

- think about road clearance and road grime-the batt box is quite low already :D

Last edited:
Back