Recommend any Motorcycle shipping companies

davenu

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Folks Im looking for any recommendations on a good motorcycle shipping company Im going to be buying a bike from another state and need it picked up and drop off to my residence. Ive looked online at uship,DAS, ect. anyone ever use them?

I can give you a # on one there transported my Valkyrie from florida to north Mississippi.

Did a great job.

Uship, long story... Basically, they requested all shipping info and bill-of-lading, scheduled the whole thing with the warning about timely compliance at loading dock. I made all the arrangements, crew scheduled at the dock, everything ready to go according to their schedule. Then, when paid in advance and ready to go, they simply step aside and hand-off the shipping request to the ACTUAL shipper, and the whole prepay/schedule/bill-of-lading starts all over again. The actual shipper has their own system, and require filling-out various form-fillable PDF's that don't work, and they won't communicate until these forms are completely filled-out. One form grants unlimited and uncontestable access to your finance account.

A real bait/switch scam.

My head is still ringing from all the warning bells.

If you google search 'Uship complaints', watch your computer meltdown....

I've used Uship with so-so results, the price was good but it was a true mom and pop operation. The other I've used is Federal (Allied Van Lines). They were a bit more expensive, but WAY better as far as schedule, reliability and professionalism. One trouble with Uship is it's usually a single shipper, and if their truck breaks down or is in an accident, they are delayed for some time. Federal has thousands of trucks and trailers. Forward Air would be OK if you're near their terminals.

You get what you pay for in these instances. Uship is used to get the best price with your minimum requirements met (open vs closed transport, insured companies, etc.). Uship just hooks up individual customers with individual companies - just like in brick and mortar stores, some are better than others but if you look around, you can find ratings. If you want to deal with one company on your own, fine, but you will likely pay more and may or may not get better service.

The bottom line is that I would trust Uship for an average or project car/motorcycle - its cheap and that is what is important in those cases. If I had a high dollar car, motorcycle, boat, whatever, I am contacting a company that specializes in that type of work. If you want guaranteed premium service, then you have to pay a premium price.

Heck, if you want to get really cheap, there are sites out there that find people wanting to travel, and will drive the vehicle to you.

I've done three with uship. It's the cheapest if you are not in a hurry and are willing to wait for a low bid. The first two were great. The third one, the shipper had poor communication, and also picked the bike up a couple of days late, which caused some problems at the pick-up location. But, as others have said, that was just a poor carrier, and I still got the bike okay. I like uship.

Door to door simple shipping, Mayflower (the moving people). Worked very well for me a couple of years ago. No packing needed, they showed up with a lift gate truck, strapped it to their skid and off it went to Texas. Air ride vans are a nice touch.

Edit; this was NOT mayflower auto transport who is a broker with some poor reviews. I don't know if Mayflower Movers still provides this service..

Bad experience with Uship as well. Bad coordination with shipper (Estes) and Estes also delayed shipment about a week out.

Back