Recommend me a decent bar end mirror....

mrpink

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had it with my current $13 eBay bar end mirror. I have loc-tited, expoxyed, JB welded, and even duct taped this thing to no prevail. Almost spilled the bike yesterday because I saw it was vibrating loose again and about to fall out.

Looking around, I really see no middle ground on these things. You are either in the sub $20.00 hunk of crap category or you are spending Ducati type cash on one. There has to be some middle of the road mirror out there. I need for it to be internally locking and prefer it to be black. Left bike side only for me.

Let me know what you all are running and how you like it....

p!nK

I have two of these on my FZ1: CRG Hindsight Lane Split Bar End Mirror

They aren't cheap, but they are built very well, are rock solid driving around, and will fold so you can get them out of the way when you're not riding (FYI, they'll fold on their own from wind at about 125mph).

They are built great but are a little small. The lenses are convex so everything looks really really small and far away. You couldn't spot a cop car behind you one block away, but at least you would know there was a car behind you.

One of the best is the Napoleon barend. It rubber mounts in the bar and is one of the most vibration free ones you'll find. Alberts are also very good but you'd need to sell a first born to get one, lol.

I can vouch for the Napoleon brand. Made in Japan, not your typical Chinese crap. Put thousands of miles installed on my GT550 with never an issue. Cost about $75 for a pair i think. Available through most distributors.

Kris

Pic
100_0010.jpg

I have two of these on my FZ1: CRG Hindsight Lane Split Bar End Mirror

They aren't cheap, but they are built very well, are rock solid driving around, and will fold so you can get them out of the way when you're not riding (FYI, they'll fold on their own from wind at about 125mph).

They are built great but are a little small. The lenses are convex so everything looks really really small and far away. You couldn't spot a cop car behind you one block away, but at least you would know there was a car behind you.

i just bought me one, a little pricey but if i never have to buy another one it's not a bad deal. people on other forums seem to really like em as well, a lot of good reviews about no vibes on triumphs, plus they suit the look of the 650 :bike:

They are nice.. I can't vouch for the vibes because mine are on my FZ1, but they are high quality pieces. Nice machine lines on them too.

Back