Recommendations For Bar End Weights

ReycleBill

Part Time Tyrannicide
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
I'm strongly considering bar end weights for my XS and was wondering what brands, models, weights (as in ounces) or types will best do the job.

I've already filled the bars with sand and can't tell that it changed anything. This bike doesn't vibrate as bad as some of the bikes I've owned but my hands are getting old and seem to be more susceptible to vibration than when I was younger.

Any thoughts?

I run the heavy Manic Salamander bar end weights, and a bar snake. Of course keep the carbs sync'd.
1980 SG
1981 H
both 17-32.
Whynot 2

I have near solid steel slugs in the ends of mine about 6" long. I made them from the control rods of an old Foosball table. They help some.

The cb750 bars I put on have weights in them, but the weights didn't make much difference that I could tell. Maybe less of a buzz at higher rpm, where I don't spend a lot of time.

The barsnake seems like a good idea. I'm thinking I might combine the barsnake with some homemade bar end weights made from lead and painted.

Thanks guys!

I cut a vinyl tube the full length of my bars and filled it full of some #12 lead shot that I had. It's a bit heavy but when I put it through my flattrack bars the vibration almost went away. My engine is sweetly balanced both timing and carbs and that is the first thing to nullify vibration.

Tom Graham

Last edited:
Back