Registration in Alabama No Title

BamaBill

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Just got my 73 TX650 home from North Dakota. My bro-inlaw and sister picked this bike up from a fella cleaning out his barn. My bro-inlaw didn't think about getting any information, no title, no bill of sale ect. Only thing I have is the VIN numbers and a 1981 North Dakota license plate. I'm in Alabama with the bike now. Before I go sinking a lot of money into it (restore to original) I would like to know if any of you have any advice on how to get this bike registered? To get a Antique Motorcycle tag in Alabama you have to fill out an application and the DMV site says have proof of ownership, bill of sale, and copy of previous registration. I don't know if a copy of previous registration exist. I'm hoping my bro-inlaw remembers the guy and has a phone number for me to call. If not I hope there is another way.
Bill:shrug:

All you need is a bill of sale for a bike that old. They will check the VIN & if clean you will get a tag/registration. You will not be issued a title, just tag & registration. Good luck on your bike.

Thanks, I called my bro-inlaw today. He has the Bill of Sale! I just got it from him, they even left the buyer portion blank so I could sign it and the fella he got it from has his phone number on it. So I think I can proceed! :thumbsup:

Back