Rekluse clutch on XS650?

CryptoKnight

CryptoKnight
Reaction score
I've seen it mentioned in passing - has anyone implemented a Rekluse centrifugal clutch in their XS650? I have arthritis, and need assist, and this seems the way to go.

Cowboy650????? Not sure if that's his correct forum name ran a centrifugal clutch on his drag bike

I think he is running a lockup on the drag bike. Most big horsepower drag bikes use a slider clutch or lockup to increase pressure on clutch. What you are asking for is like they used in the Honda cm400/450/750 I think. I would be interested also just to play with do you have a web site for the company you are talking about. There was a company making bikes with a clutch like you would use on a go cart but I forget there name.
Update..... I did fine the website for Harley bikes going to look into it.

I've ridden dirt bikes with them. We call them cheater bikes because they are so easy to ride on tough trails. Just twist an go... You can drop the bike and just pick it back up and get back on. Especially good for older bikes (like mine) without the magic button so you are not kicking it over a 100X on the side of a hill. Not as good on MX because you can't use the clutch to feed power for jumps and out of corners.
Not sure what the advantage would be on a street bike unless it's in heavy traffic.
But I've been wrong before...

Some of the small Honda trail bikes had a 'clutchomatic' kinda thing. A second lever attached to the shiftshaft worked the clutch actuator. Clutch would disengage when shifting, re-engage when shifter returned to middle position...

Back