Relaced front wheel

Ccrider

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just relaced both wheels with new spokes from mikes. Rear went well, on the front I notice I can see threads on my inside spokes, outside spokes no threads.. I have proper spoke angles inside and out. Is it normal to see threads on spokes after everything is tru within spec.

I have only respoked a couple wheels, no expert here. But as long as you have the correct angled spokes, a thread or so showing out doesn't seem to be a problem. If the wheel is running true and your torque is correct, I see no big deal. How did you check spoke torque or tightness?

Torque specs are small.I went by feel and sounds the spokes make when u tap on them
All the inside spokes show like 4 turns of threads. Didn't have this on my rear.
Just wondering if anyone else has seen this, or did I miss something

I think you're fine. I just looked at some wheels I did with Mike's spokes, both fronts and rears. Almost every spoke is showing a few threads. Either Mike's spokes are a hair shorter than originals or maybe they're threaded a bit more. I don't think it's a problem, it's just the way they come out. I've been using some of these wheels now going on 5 years with no troubles.

Back