Relocating Passenger Footpeg

Ryca

XS650 Member
Reaction score
I am lightening my load and getting excited with the cutting torch... I am thinking about removing my passenger foot peg hoops/brackets and relocating the passenger peg to (somewhere).

And ideas, or pictures of relocated pegs?

I was thinking about mounting it off of the rear bolt of the front peg bracket...

14kz7q.jpg

They do also act as a Muffler hanger. You are not thinking things through. A cafe useally has rear or mid sets how is this going to affect the passenger foot rests in that position

Just went through your posts and threads. Seems like your in a hurry. the only advice i ca give you.

You had a complete bike and the best way is to get it running is in stock form, and learn to work on the bike and then start building your dream

Many do it the other way around and either don't finish it because they have changed so many things, that when it is time to start it and the problems arise it takes to much time to chase things down and fix them up. Or because so many things have been changed, trouble shooting will lead to other problems that were there before but only surface now and compound

Hey Skull thanks for your opinion...

I'm not planning to run large muffler that will need a hanger back there.
As for the passenger foot rest position -- thats what I'm asking about, has it been done and how did it work.

I appreciate the concern with my process, but my circumstance is what it is.

Hi Ryan,
if you are determined to remove the passenger peg loops, what you can do is trap a flat plate behind the rider's pegs that goes aft to just the right place for a passenger peg.
You can remove the plate if you find you don't want to carry a passenger.

Hi Ryan,
if you are determined to remove the passenger peg loops, what you can do is trap a flat plate behind the rider's pegs that goes aft to just the right place for a passenger peg.
You can remove the plate if you find you don't want to carry a passenger.

Back