Removing frame tabs, what are your thoughts on the center stand?

DeftQuiver

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I have now removed just about every tab from the frame, but I'm a bit conflicted on removing the center stand mounts. I'm removing pretty much everything else, but I wanted to get some opinions on removing the center stand mounts.

Also, what have you guys done who have removed the passenger pegs with regards to the rear brake pedal return spring?

Thanks for any help,
Deft

Leave the center stand tabs. If you need to put it back on. you can. For maintenance just pop it on, no need for the spring, use it then pop it off.
Oil changes, tire changes and such are easier up on the center stand.
Checking the oil even needs the center stand if you do it by the book. Your supposed to check it up on the stand on level ground to get the right reading on the dip stick.
Leo

Well what are you building? Cut the damn things off. I cut them off on my tracker project and then welded up a stand that lifts the back tire off the ground via the swing arm.

Thanks for the input. I have another bike that I ride daily, so this bike doesn't necessarily need to be practical. I'm planning to have the frame powder coated, so I need to get this all figured out beforehand.

Right now it's in tupperware containers, but the end goal is something of a brat track bike.

Back