Rephaseing info needed

rokcrlr

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to rephase my crank. I bought a truckload of xs650 parts from a guy.2 complete bikes and most all the parts from 3 or 4 other minus frames. Is there any how do your own crank info on here? I couldn't find any. I have access to a complete machine shop with a 20 ton and 40 ton presses to do the crank. I have a spare crank to practice with, so if anyone can point me to the right procedure for doing this would be nice.I want to do the 277 rephase.Thanks

Thanks, but I read that. No where in the thread does it tell or explain how to press the crank apart or put back together. Thats the info i'm looking for. Yes I can press the rod journels out, but if it is done in the right order I could have a mess. I've build my blocks to set it on and I have a spacer for between the 2 flywheel halves,so I'm on my way, But not quit sure hiow to put it back together in the right order. Do you press the rod opins back in to 2 and 3 then press on 1 and 4?

I wrote a series of articles for www.rustymetric.com that go into great depth on this... There are lots of ways to do it wrong, and only 1 way to get it right... You'll want to be able to true up the flywheels perfectly as you go, and don't forget to weld the joints to keep it from coming apart...

Thanks Punkskalar ,but I can't get it to work, all I get is a picture of the bike rear tire and no place to go

I can't even figure out how to do that. Only thing it will let me do is click the contact link

Back