Resistor and Non-Resistor Caps from Mikes XS

leroypushpins

1977 xs650
Reaction score
I just picked up my first 650 and also my first Yamaha. 1977 xs650 to be specific.

I've had it for about a month now and have prowled the message board to sort through some issues that I've been having. This forum has been amazing. I apologize in advance for any redundant questions.

One thing that I'm trying to figure out right now is a pair of plug caps that I picked up from Mike's XS. It's the non-resistor type. I figured it was the right kind to get based on discussions here. The resistor type seems to only be applicable to bikes with TCI ( later models ) or bikes with RF devices. None of which I have. I'm pretty sure I've got points.

So picked up those plugs on this page ( http://www.mikesxs.net/products-27.html ). Item 23-114. Non-resistor ones. But the arm coming off is shorter than the originals so the leads are resting against the cylinder head. That's probably a bad idea, right?! The heat will burn out the leads.

Did I just get the wrong plug caps? Do they not make non-resister type with the long arms? Or do I just have to get new leads to make this work?

Back