"Respect Your Elders" Not to Proud to beg...

Yamaha77

Banned
Reaction score
I confess.

Ive been an idiot. I totally misread this forum when I first joined and I was very reactionary.

Yet every single time Ive had a problem, here come you guys with help advice and guidance.

Man I feel bad. I mistreated some of you and I want to say Im really sorry. Youre a great bunch and an invaluable resource.

Your comments about the internet being a strange place.........there's a real person behind every post.

Scott

Well its commonly accepted that the internet seems to bring out the worst in people. People tend to be meaner, and say things over the net that they would not dare say in person. Thats why I said its a strange place. What I need to remember is that *I* need to contribute to making it a BETTER place!!

Even though you ignored a few of us, we still posted suggestion, although i did hijack that thread. Sorry.
We keep posting because it may just be the one thread of many that someone is searching through that rings a bell and keeps them going forward
No harm, no foul.

Even though you ignored a few of us, we still posted suggestion, although i did hijack that thread. Sorry.
We keep posting because it may just be the one thread of many that someone is searching through that rings a bell and keeps them going forward
No harm, no foul.

Everyone is off ignore and has been for about 2 weeks now. Thanks again for our advice. Though I said I didnt read the comments, I really did!

Not to worry 77.

One of the (maaaannnnyyyy) problems with this form of communication is the total lack of emotion or facial expressions which tends to make things harsher than they are intended to be. There is no wrinkling of the eyebrow, hand gestures or tone of voice - just cold hard text on a white screen. I always try to cut people slack and expect the best, and I'm seldom disappointed. If someone thinks that they know more than me - well, they just might or maybe not - but in any event, it's a free country (yours and mine at least) so have at it.

As Angus said - no harm/no foul.

Cheers,

Pete

PS - glad you got your turn signals working. Be safe.

Not to worry 77.

One of the (maaaannnnyyyy) problems with this form of communication is the total lack of emotion or facial expressions which tends to make things harsher than they are intended to be. There is no wrinkling of the eyebrow, hand gestures or tone of voice - just cold hard text on a white screen.
Nicly said and correct

Not to worry 77.

One of the (maaaannnnyyyy) problems with this form of communication is the total lack of emotion or facial expressions which tends to make things harsher than they are intended to be. There is no wrinkling of the eyebrow, hand gestures or tone of voice - just cold hard text on a white screen. I always try to cut people slack and expect the best, and I'm seldom disappointed. If someone thinks that they know more than me - well, they just might or maybe not - but in any event, it's a free country (yours and mine at least) so have at it.

As Angus said - no harm/no foul.

Cheers,

Pete

PS - glad you got your turn signals working. Be safe.

Thanks! Ive put the yamaha away for at least 3 weeks. I rotate my three bikes and dont let any bike sit for more than 3 weeks. So now Im on my Honda CB 750 and last night, pulled the spark plug cable out of the boot by accident. UGH! Now one of the carbs is not getting spark and when I rev the engine crazy black smoke comes out because I think that cylinder is dumpng raw fuel. Oh joy! And the 750 spark plug area is NOTORIOUS for having crap clearance.

Dang - I hate it when that happens..

If you look down into the end of the boot where the wire had been, there is often a fairly heavy deep-threaded tapered screw in there which simply screws into the end of the ignition wire. Sooooo.....you might try just shoving the cable back into the boot and twisting the boot onto the cable. (As for which direction to screw them together...just remember, "righty-tightly & lefty-loosey")

Then grease everything up with (just a little dab) of dielectric grease which looks like silicone but it doesn't dry hard. Put the grease into the boot where it goes onto the spark plug. The dielectric grease helps to keeps moisture out of the ends of ignition wires - which carry some very hefty voltages. If the grease is not used, the current an arc can sometimes form from the boot to the cylinder head - and thus not actually fire the spark plug. That's why some cars "miss" or misfire in wet weather.

Back