restoration complete?? MOT in sweaty hand!

Very sharp bike. Most have a badly worn dash. Most seem to hang the bike key on with the rest of thier keys and all the extra keys wear away at the dash. It looks like who ever owned it just used the light plastic key fob.
The rest of the bike is great. I have to admit I'm a bit partial to the 75's black with the gold and white paint shceme. I think it is the best looking of all the years.
Leo

Peanut,

I had never heard of the Haynes Museum! Probably because we are spoilt down here with both Beaulieu and the Sammy Miller museums a short ride away.
It turns out that the Haynes Museum is only a couple of miles away from where my sister lives in Butleigh.
I would definitely like to visit for the Japfest.

John

Leo, I could'nt agree more. I had no knowledge of the XS650 before I bought it. I just liked the look of it so much, especially in black/gold with the US style handlebars.
I'm no artistic expert, but the proportions look right, because of the fuel tank and seat line, the wheelbase, and the way there is not much daylight behind the engine. Another bike which looks similarly 'right' to me is the sadly, very rare now Suzuki T20 Super Six, which I would dearly like to get my hands on.

It is curious how much smaller the older bikes are too.
My first bike was a Triumph Tiger Cub. I sat on one during a summer show last year, and it was so small, I thought I would need surgery to get off it.

Peanut,

I had never heard of the Haynes Museum! Probably because we are spoilt down here with both Beaulieu and the Sammy Miller museums a short ride away.
It turns out that the Haynes Museum is only a couple of miles away from where my sister lives in Butleigh.
I would definitely like to visit for the Japfest.

John

Butleigh ! its only a few miles down the road from Sparkford... how lucky is that ? must be fate.
Its an impressive museum collection but not as an impressive venue as Beaulieu.

We'll have to see if we can persuade:thumbsup: some more XS650 owners to come along.

Back