Wanted - Rider's handbook or manual for old codger, help !

panamera

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hi ,just bought a TX 650 A and it's a lot different to the Triumph Tiger 110, I used to ride 50 years ago. Can anyone sell me a copy, please ? I'm in England but come from Scotland.

Go to the top here and click on "Tech", scroll down to Miscellaneous, and click on Manuals. If you want a paper one someone'll no doubt be along with one in a minute. Lol. Good luck.

I have a Clymer manual that covers 650 Yamaha's from 1970 to 1982 and a Haynes that covers from 1970 to 1983. Want $10 each plus shipping. thx don

I have a Clymer manual that covers 650 Yamaha's from 1970 to 1982 and a Haynes that covers from 1970 to 1983. Want $10 each plus shipping. thx don

HI Doncon, thx for the offer but I reckon that I've found one closer to home ie England
Season's greetings
panamera

Go to the top here and click on "Tech", scroll down to Miscellaneous, and click on Manuals. If you want a paper one someone'll no doubt be along with one in a minute. Lol. Good luck.

Hi DaveO, thanks for all your helpful advice. I reckon that I've found one, just as you predicted on ebay.
Season's greetings from the Eastern Counties
panamera

Hi Dave0, may I just ask you one thing, pls : the book I've located is for a '78 SF. The seller wasn't much help about whether the manual is applicable to a tx 650 A. Can you advise, pls?
panamera

Hi, thx for your message.Will an owner's manual for a 78 SF be suitable for my 74 TX A, pls ? I'm new to these bikes, as I haven't been involved in bikes since the 60s Triumphs.
Merry Christmas
panamera

Theyre easier than the triumphs mate. You got an owners manual or workshop manual ?- theres a big difference . Engines are basically the same, apart from crank/rod/piston dimensions. The ignition system is different. A host of chassis parts differ too.
Best to buy a Haynes, loads around for the £8-£12 mark

Theyre easier than the triumphs mate. You got an owners manual or workshop manual ?- theres a big difference . Engines are basically the same, apart from crank/rod/piston dimensions. The ignition system is different. A host of chassis parts differ too.
Best to buy a Haynes, loads around for the £8-£12 mark

Hi, thx for your help. Think I've obtained an original owner's manual for starters.Awaiting its delivery.
Merry Xmas and happy restoring.

Hi again. Just wanted to check if you know about the 1980 XS on Ebay from marc 495
Item 150966043010. Bidding is at £400 with 6 hours to go.
Thx panamera

Back