Riding Goggles?

maxwell

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
So my open face came in last week, and i've been contemplating picking up a pair of goggles. anyone wearing anything that don't look TOO dorky? I typically wear shades, but those don't work sometimes, and cannot be worn at night. if anyone could make any good-looking suggestions, i'd be grateful.

Guys look really dorky with their nose sanded off. Just ask Michael Jackson.

Haha

And alot of people are still ride in pudding bowls after crashes :shrug:

hey, it's up to the rider if they like the way their face looks or how it will after a crash :laugh:

(Hoping that nobody crashes,but saying that it does happen)

hey, it's up to the rider if they like the way their face looks or how it will after a crash :laugh:

A lot of the guys who'd look better after a crash already had a crash. I stopped in a little country store one time and there was a kid working the register with a bandana tied around from the bridge of his nose, to where his lower jaw used to be. Tight enough that you could tell the jaw was missing. I always wondered if he was in a wreck, or a shooting, or cancer, or etc.

A good friend of mine wanted a half helmet REAL bad last year. I talked him out of it and he got a full face. 2 weeks ago he learned why I pushed so hard for him to get a full face... he was behind a semi truck (bad idea anyway), when a rock the size of his fist came off the tires and smashed his face shield at 60mph! Combined with the speed of the rock, it probably hit him at over 100mph. He bought a $15 shield, and no problems. Had he been wearing a half or 3/4 helmet... I would have been visiting his ass in the hospital, praying for his recovery.

Keep the shiny side up!

I know a guy who was coming home one night and a deer jumped out in front of him

and when he hit the deer it threw him and his bike into a field. when he stood up the deer

was dead and the bike was all smashed up. kinda dazed he went to quickly get the bike up

off it's side and grabbed the exhaust and really torched his hands. In the end his bike was

smashed, his ribs were cracked and his hands torched. But his helmet really helped.

I say invest in gloves and a spine guard while your at it :D

I was given a football helmet when I was a little kid. It had belonged to an older cousin and he or his mom gave it to me to mess around with. It was just made out of pieces of thick leather, like the sole of a dress shoe. No hard shell, no padding at all. That's from the same era as when motorcyclists wore open helmets and goggles. Consciousness has been raised, and times have progressed, and nobody would wear a helmet like that to play football now.

Dear Gentlemen,

Shhhhhh. I already have a full-face and want to try something new. At least my open-face is DOT. Plus, i don't exactly drive like an ass hole, and no offense to your friend, but I'm simply not retarded enough to drive behind a semi... Ever.

A lot of your arguments are comparable to: "Bro, my friend had a gun one time and like, blew his fuckin' face off... So guns should be illegal for eva!"

Oh, hey guys... Did you hear? Motorcycles are dangerous! Guess that means I have to sell my bike or somethin'.

(Just bustin' everyone's balls)... For those who posted links, thanks!

jeez. everyone has a story of someone they knew who has no face or jaw cause they wore a 3/4 helmet. why would they still sell them if they were that bad? i have never seen someone that had no jaw or nose from wearing a 3/4 helmet in my 24 years. maybe they all died? makes me want a full face...

Well, i'm not going to lie, a lot of those interested me until i looked at my bank account and realized i'm near broke. jeeeeez money runs out quick lol. so i've been looking and found a decent pair of 10 dollar goggles that'll keep the wind and shit out of my eyes without being TOO bulky.

find some you like then watch ebay. i found some uvex goggles with glass lenses for $7.00. I got outbid 2 times but i finally got some. Worth the wait. I definitely wasnt going to pay $40 or $50 either...

Got the same prob, no money and hate the bulk.
I kinda lucked out recently though

I found a pair of Pagani swiss military motorcycle snow goggles with dark green tinted glass lenses. I thought they were welding goggles at first.

A lot of your arguments are comparable to: "Bro, my friend had a gun one time and like, blew his fuckin' face off... So guns should be illegal for eva!"

Oh, hey guys... Did you hear? Motorcycles are dangerous! Guess that means I have to sell my bike or somethin'.

Thank you! This is an excellent response to helmet harping.

^How about motorcycles are dangerous, therefore it's ok to ride with no hands?

I wasn't helmet harping. I'm all about choice. Just keep your hands on the bars. And unload your guns before you clean them. :) I'd feel remiss if I saw someone contemplating either and didn't say something. I am aware it's none of my business:D

Back