Right now I'm listening to...

I'll see your Steve Miller's "Mercury Blues" and raise ya a "Goin' to Mexico".
I had me a '50 Merc Club Coupe back in the early '70's, had a mess of Studebaker Hawks too.....let them all slip through me hands. If I see any of those now I sigh as if seeing an old girlfriend in somebody else's arms.......
Zappa and the Mothers with Flo and Eddie had a Studebaker Hawk character.
Never had a '53 Studebaker but I wouldn't turn one away.
We never got the S.B Hawks in Blighty; but I yearned to have one back in the day. Looking at well thumbed magazines from America in my youth. Everything from the USA seemed so big to us back then. Both musically and motors, bikes or cars….. Wonderful times.

We never got the S.B Hawks in Blighty; but I yearned to have one back in the day. Looking at well thumbed magazines from America in my youth. Everything from the USA seemed so big to us back then. Both musically and motors, bikes or cars….. Wonderful times.
Bugger me!
Frank Zappa… Hot Rats.
What an album.

This is the Version that was rumbling about here He is Known but still underrated
Doing Tasteful sliding for Jackson Browne

Wow that’s cool. Thanks Jan.
I will give that a proper listen, thanks for the turn on.
Ads.

I am still stuck at Wishbone Ash
Live performances feels fresh and has evolved from the records Did not know that
Drumming is more prominent

1689981816727.png

Although I'm primarily a Classic Country fan, Clapton is one of my all time favorites.
How classic? Jimmie Rogers? I'm all in on that too, although I find I can't listen to it on the radio. My daughter told me it's called Hick Hop. I don't like it.

How classic? Jimmie Rogers? I'm all in on that too, although I find I can't listen to it on the radio. My daughter told me it's called Hick Hop. I don't like it.
Unless you have Sirius-XM, there is no country music on the radio. My favorite era is mid 50's to about 1970. I'm a huge Ray Price,Buck Owens, Wynn Stewart, Faron Young, Mel Tillis, Connie Smith, Charley Pride.....You get my point. If it ain't loaded with pedal steel, fiddles and a 4/4 shufflebeat, well to me, it's crap

Unless you have Sirius-XM, there is no country music on the radio. My favorite era is mid 50's to about 1970. I'm a huge Ray Price,Buck Owens, Wynn Stewart, Faron Young, Mel Tillis, Connie Smith, Charley Pride.....You get my point. If it ain't loaded with pedal steel, fiddles and a 4/4 shufflebeat, well to me, it's crap
Willie's Road House is my choice on road trips with my wife. I also enjoy the 80's stuff.

Back