right side completely off...

dstroy12

Apprentice
Reaction score
So start up cold? A little better... after a while of riding right siide cylinder starts backfiring, totally off from left side. Weak exhaiust preassure. But will still run. (Happened half way on a 1.5 hr each way ride) I'm thinking cam chain? Throwing off timing? Once hot???

Ideas???

No I did that perfectly, with a vacuum meter and a manometer. Im thinking Cam Chain...

Or maybe Valves? itll run but as soon as I let go of the throttle, its backfiring and spurting...

Hot or cold shouldn't make much of a difference for carb sync but will for setting idle speed. Set idle speed when hot.

Idle speed spec is 1200 RPM. If you set it lower, the bike will just up and stall sometimes at lights, don't know why. That's just how they are.

your coil is fine since the other side is firing. perhaps the plug wire is bad to that side? try switching plug wires and see if the symptom follows.
What coil did you get? the dual tower 17 6803? thats a good replacement coil even if your just getting rid of the stock coil. Remember.... it dosnt matter wich wire goes were...orange or red, and the plug wires dont matter either, the coil fires tdc every time.

Ok cool! Thanks! I have a mikes ultimate output. And I guess ill install as I can't change plug wires... just don't know where to mount....

i used house ground clamps from home depot, and mounted them on one of the down tubes.
look at the green wire comming from your house electrical meter to the ground spike ... the clamp there is what I used
Photo120421571-vi.jpg

Holy crap! Awesome!! Also does the fastner have to be grounded??? I e the coil mount??? Also where did u get the cool cable holder things???

the ground is your engine thru the plugs(slap yourself in the forehead).
those cable holders are just cheap plastic plug wire holders you can get anywhere schucks, autozone, crap auto. they braek easy, really thin.
the clamps are aluminum so you can polish them if you like.

Back