Right to Left Front Brake??

Jossw

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So my front brake is a right front brake. Any prob with just flipping the wheel 180 degree's so it becomes a left front brake? Right front on rear, left front on front??

Just thinking of buying two front calipers L and R and using one for the front, one for the back? Prob newer model calipers http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?t=118

Any probs with doing this that you know of? Any reason why I'd need a rear caliper if I have a front I can use??

I am building it all from scratch so not worried about spacers/lines/mc's etc as i'll route/build them to suit.

Thanks!:bike:
Joss

If you flip the wheel, that will also move your speedo drive. You can usually just move the disc from side to side. Yes, there are left and right "handed" calipers. The bleed nipple and hose connection locations are different. You can get the left side calipers from other model Yamahas, the XS750 triple comes to mind and there are a few others.

Make sure the tire is correctly orientated. Other than that I don't believe the speedometer will have a "stay" on the right fork so you will have to figure out a way to negotiate that.

The speedo drive has to be on the left side to work. Putting it on the right will spin the cable backwards. The speedo won't work spinning backwards.

flip the forks and wheel together, but why go through the trouble just to look weird?

I don't need brakes to look wierd :D Just bought dual ducati front calipers so want to use both if I can- use one front and one rear. Rear has to be right so leaves me with the left one for the front.

Back