Rim swap

tigman175

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I have an 83 heritage special. I want to swap out my spokes for the mags with the disc brakes. Is it a direct replacement?? (besides the brake system of course). I am going to make a bobber and would rather have the mags. thanks

Yes,it is a direct swap.If you are going with a rear disc brake you will also need the caliper and bracket.Mike's XS now sells the rear master cylinder.

If your not doing a hardtail then you need the swingarm from a factory mag bike.

Posted via Mobile

tigman175 did you get your wheel swap sorted out.
If you still have rhe spoked rims i would be interested in them

Hi Travis B,
FYI the '83 stock wire wheels have WAY too many spokes and steel rims. IMHO they are uglier than the 7-spoke artillery wheels and they won't run tubeless neither.
Aesthetically the mid-70s deep groove aluminum rims are best. I bought a set for $150 the pair but that was 20 years ago.

I have a good front mag with disk if you are looking for one cheap. PM me for price SHIPPING IN USA IS FREE!!!!

Attachments

• wh1.jpg
    wh1.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 96
  • wh2.jpg
    wh2.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 93
This is ridiculous..........................Op hasn't been this site for 16months and this thread is 5 1/2 years old. No information can be gleamed from the thread. These should be locked, but then again it shows how much some members are more into there own answers than looking at and answering a thread

Back