Risers

atomic22

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Ok I know the info is out there, and I've seen them before, but now I can't seem to find any for the life of me. :doh::banghead:

Would someone kindly provide me some links of places where I can buy some 3-4" risers for my bike?

I'm just looking to raise my handlebars up more than stock.

Thanks in advance

A22

Fleabay is your friend. use 7/8 in the search or you will get a gazillion 1" sets.

You could just get taller bars too..

That won't work for my build. I've slid the forks up the triples for the time being. Of course, I may just lower the forks or get custom bars made.

Fleabay is your friend. use 7/8 in the search or you will get a gazillion 1" sets.

Checked and rechecked. Very limited, but I'll keep an eye out.

I can swear I saw a set of 4" risers on a site, but I wish I had bookmarked it. Ahh well...such is life.

:thumbsup:

You can use most any riser with a 1/2 Stud or Bolt Mount. It will be a tight fit, but it fits just fine. You can also lower your forks real easy like with this how-to:
http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7330

I have even used a set of old dirtbike clamps that fit really well also. Just find something thats a close fit, you can always drill out the stock bushings

You can use most any riser with a 1/2 Stud or Bolt Mount. It will be a tight fit, but it fits just fine. You can also lower your forks real easy like with this how-to:
http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7330

I have even used a set of old dirtbike clamps that fit really well also. Just find something thats a close fit, you can always drill out the stock bushings

Yeah, I saw that. I'm just wondering what the advantage is to using your lowering kit over a regular piece of tubing? (Hoping not to get lost in Internet translation, I'm not trying to be rude, just trying to learn.) :thumbsup: I saw something about the valve port operation, and I'm not really sure what that means.

Yeah, I saw that. I'm just wondering what the advantage is to using your lowering kit over a regular piece of tubing? (Hoping not to get lost in Internet translation, I'm not trying to be rude, just trying to learn.) :thumbsup: I saw something about the valve port operation, and I'm not really sure what that means.

If the internals weren't such awkward sizes, you could use standard tubing to lower these forks. But, the internals are oddball sizes that require me to machine the spacers to a much better fitting specification. When people use standard tubing on other forks and block the valving ports, some of the dampening and rebound can be lost and the forks won't operate as smoothly as possible. Thats why I machine the spacers to include a set screw to keep the port lined up :thumbsup:

If the internals weren't such awkward sizes, you could use standard tubing to lower these forks. But, the internals are oddball sizes that require me to machine the spacers to a much better fitting specification. When people use standard tubing on other forks and block the valving ports, some of the dampening and rebound can be lost and the forks won't operate as smoothly as possible. Thats why I machine the spacers to include a set screw to keep the port lined up :thumbsup:

Ok cool, thanks for the info. I'm getting some frame modifications done at the moment and I'm working on my seat pan. Once those are complete I'll decide on the front end.
Again, thanks for the info.

Back