rocker box sealant?

Mitchell_p

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Hey guys, ready to put my rocker box back on after giving it a clean up etc. In the clymer it says to use a "non-hardening gasket cement such as Yamaha Bond no.4"
Am i able to use Gasket Goo? I wasnt sure if its classed as a non-hardening cement.
Any help would be great.

Attachments

• before.jpg
    before.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 159
  • after.jpg
    after.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 147
I'd like to know if there's an auto parts store equivalent of Yamabond 4 my own self.

Has Three Bond changed the number? It used to be 1104. I prefer it (or Yamabond #4, or Hondabond #4) to silicone sealers because it releases cleanly when it's time to take things apart again and because the excess that squeezes out from between the joined parts tends to run down and spread out in a thin layer, instead of forming blobs that can break free and travel.

Has Three Bond changed the number? It used to be 1104. I prefer it (or Yamabond #4, or Hondabond #4) to silicone sealers because it releases cleanly when it's time to take things apart again and because the excess that squeezes out from between the joined parts tends to run down and spread out in a thin layer, instead of forming blobs that can break free and travel.

Yep,

I much prefer HondaBond over any of the others...

3 Bond 1104 is amazing sealant...........yes the grey coloured stuff gets the job done!

jayel...........I used Hylomar back in the old days (1970's)...............made by Rolls Royce so how could you go wrong:) It was a premium sealant for sure.

All I have ever used is Threebond, but not the grey 1104.

I use 1211 - white in colour & reccommended by threebond for 2st cases.

I have used 1104 before & did not like it as much as the 1211.

Back