Rotax XS

1982 yamaha frame 467 rotax ski doo motor was completly rebuilt ,all seals. lower bearings, pistons rings rist pins and needle bearings roughly 500 mi on motor. 80% complete 99% of parts to finish a must see for motorcycle mech. $200 or best offer call jenny @911 867-5309 thanks
3nd3m23p55T65Z25R6b2c3f481588b71915a5.jpg

If it has a title I'd buy it

I see about 3-500 in profit right there. First, spend 200, get the title and sell it with the bare frame for at least 350, sell the engine(100), tail(40),wheels(75), headlight(30), front end(50), bars(20), controls(20), brake systems(50), shocks(20), and pegs(10) on ebay or the forums easily.

I called. Dude can't find the title. I'll try back in the next couple days.

Who knows what might have been done to the frame and parts though.

Hey! I have a 431cc snowmobile engine that has 110HP, maybe I should put that in my XS! LOL

Very interesting.....

DLD1

Kinda has to have some sort of transmission. Snowmobile engines don't have a broad enough torque band to do without. Almost all snowmobiles have CVTs, and are tuned accordingly. I did see a racing bike with a modified snowmobile engine some years ago, they had mated it to a Ducati transmission in a custom made gearbox. It was very nicely done.

DLD1

I bet it's got the snowmobile CVT on it. That would actually be kind of fun to ride I bet.

I don't know about that. I drove a small race car that used a snowmobile engine and CVT, although it worked really well in the race car, and of course in snowmobiles, I think the way it reacts to changes in throttle would be scary on a bike. When you back off throttle there isn't much, if any, compression braking, the engine rpm goes down very quickly unless you keep the throttle partially open, then when you roll the throttle back on the CVT hunts momentarily for the proper ratio. This delay, although very short with a well tuned system, might be unsettling on a motorcycle. When I drove that race car, I never had the throttle less than half, even under braking, to keep the CVT ready for throttle up. It worked well for the race car, but again, I don't think I'd like it on a bike.

DLD1

Back