Wanted - round stock sissy bar

emzdogz

Aunty Em
Reaction score
Hi folks, anyone got a sissy bar they'd like to part with fairly cheap? (bear in mind I can get what I want brand new for about $50, from Lowbrow)

Looking for something that goes from frame or axle plates, attaches to fender and then is just bent round at the top. Tipped back some is ok too. Not too tall. Nothing fancy. I can modify or fab mount points myself if need be.

I have a decent set of stock gauges from an 80 to trade- some other 80 parts too. Also have a pair of tall apes to trade.
Or will pay $$, but it needs to be pretty cheap, or else I'll just get the kit from Lowbrow.

thanks!
:)
Em

I bought some round stock from home depot. Came 4' long and bent it in half for about $8.00. Bungs from lowbrow or Bung king for about the same . Easy money

I bought some round stock from home depot. Came 4' long and bent it in half for about $8.00. Bungs from lowbrow or Bung king for about the same . Easy money

hi, I saw some of that at Home Depot yesterday. Did you use tubing or round bar? It's so cheap I guess it wouldn't hurt to try it, but I figured without have an oxy/acetylene torch to heat it with that the bend wouldn't come out very well.
Might try it.
Maybe I am wrong.
:yikes:

I just took some pictures, Ill put them up. I new to this xs650 thing. Just bought an 81 I making into a bobber so have a bunch of parts. I have the day off so i guess I'll open that paypal account today to start getting rid my extra stuff as i dismantle it. What is the best way guys ship stuff?

Well, on the receiving end I personally like UPS, since you get the tracking number. But on the sending end, sometimes the US postal Service is significantly less expensive.
:)

Back