Royal Enfield Interceptor 2019

Raymond

likes to play with old motorbikes
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Starting new thread for the Interceptor. Deposit paid, motorcycle movers instructed. They will collect on Thursday and deliver next Monday. Said I would start a new thread once the bike is here, but I'm not always patient.

Recent photo of the bike at Seller's house:

IMG_1313.jpg

Low mileage:

IMG_1302.jpg

That's under 2,000 miles which I suppose is basically new?

Last edited:
Following with interest. I have been eyeballying these bikes for a while now. I also recently discovered a new dealership in my hometown that sells Triumph & RE. They even had some of the newest smaller displacement models from both companies on hand. If you don't mind, what is the going rate on a 5 year old RE? My guess is in the 4-4500 range ?

Congrats, almost got one when I purchased the Bonneville, but I got such a sweet deal, I could not resist.
I rode the Int several times and did like it.
Did you see the issues with the contact grease factory used on the relays/fuses? I think that was the only mod I was going to have to do. Don't recall if it was also on the 2019 models but lots of discussion on the 2022 models.

Yours looks like it has the same tires my Bonneville came with

Good Luck.

Have had a quick look for a manual. Hmm. Plenty of people will sell me the factory manual on a flash drive. But I want a hard copy. One seller offers a printed version of the factory manual - one reviewer said he received 880 pages of what looked like black & white photocopy. In a loose binder. Probably not what I want.

880 pages! A Haynes manual would do . . .

I purchased a 2020...... added a tour seat, crash bars, Carvin panners, tank pads (helps break up all that red) and removed the lower fork and rear mandated federal side markers... ( Don't FINK me to the Fed's ! ). and swap'd the front sprocket ($15,00) ... besides weekend destinations I did a nearly 2000 mile solo last summer. I usually avoid the interstate freeways.... but wanted to make time in the early morning.... head'd south on I-35.... put the speed O needle on 75... set the cruise ... left it there... over two days though 4 states.... silky smooth..... As to date.... no issues with the " electric grease " problems reported in some units.... Late last fall I installed a RE " fly screen " because a buddy said it really works .... When I purchased mine, it was a great value Vs the other most costly competition ..... but I noted at the RE dealer recently... the price difference has closed..... The bang for the buck is still on RE's side..... and the $$$$ I saved from not going with the competition can be used for.... more adventures.... 😎

Attachments

• RE and Triton.jpg
    RE and Triton.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 44
Have had a quick look for a manual. Hmm. Plenty of people will sell me the factory manual on a flash drive. But I want a hard copy. One seller offers a printed version of the factory manual - one reviewer said he received 880 pages of what looked like black & white photocopy. In a loose binder. Probably not what I want.

I printed the XS650E Service Manual with all the supplements to XS650SH. IIRC, it was about 130 pages. I placed each page in a document protector and into a binder. It wasn’t exactly cheap, but I should have done it a long time ago. I like paper. I like paper better when it’s protected from my dirty hands. 880 pages will be cost prohibitive. I expect you don’t need most of them. That seems more like an airplane manual than a motorcycle.

Years ago I bought a " Stella " one of the last 2 stroke Vespa knock offs... Nice scooter.... No manual provided so the shop " flashed drive'd " it for me.. I hit Office Depot..... after printing.... . 3 ring binder.. plastic cover sheets.... $90oo :)

Y'know, reading about the 1968 Interceptor, it's like the bike was a contender for best British superbike at the time the Honda CB750 came along and the British m/c industry entered its death spiral. The later series' of Interceptors were 750cc, powerful enough, more reliable than the other contenders, as in much more reliable than the Commando Combat, and I think they had evolved to be oil-tight. But they were mostly ignored and have been as good as forgotten these days.

Ah well, will just have to make do with the 50-year later version. ;)

I doubt you really need this but I’m just gonna throw this link here for your future reference, it’s a very well photographed and simply explained valve adjustment guide for your new bike. It’s got some good hints to ease the procedure. 😉

https://exhaustnotes.us/blog/index.php/2021/07/10/enfield-650-valve-adjustment/
Thank you, Bob. While I was fruitlessly looking for a paper manual earlier on, happened to watch Stuart Fillingham's video of a valve check on the Interceptor. It's not difficult. He has a few vids of maintenance jobs - who knows, might not need that manual after all?

What a beauty! Congratulations! Being this new, I suppose all you need to do is a bit of polishing.
Thank you, @bosco659. Funnily enough, also watched Stuart Fillingham's video of polishing the clutch cover on an Interceptor.

But I think I'll be riding more than polishing . . .

Back