Salt racer

xssalt

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new to the site so l hope I'm doing this right.
This is my LSA bike l built totally from scratch.
750cc built for reliability to stay wide open for quite a while. 56rwhp, so far I've managed 122mph over the mile.
20220702_162420.jpg

Hi all, I'm new to the site so l hope I'm doing this right.
This is my LSA bike l built totally from scratch.
750cc built for reliability to stay wide open for quite a while. 56rwhp, so far I've managed 122mph over the mile.View attachment 231913
I've seen it & it's very nice!😎

Fantastic work!
Love the concept of reliability first, speed second. There's too many builders out there... pro's as well, that try for the speed and then try to figure out how to make it stay together long enough to find a record.

Any idea what she'll eventually top out at?
And got any pick of the inside of the clutch cover... the mechanism?
Inquiring minds want to know.... ;)

Fantastic work!
Love the concept of reliability first, speed second. There's too many builders out there... pro's as well, that try for the speed and then try to figure out how to make it stay together long enough to find a record.

Any idea what she'll eventually top out at?
And got any pick of the inside of the clutch cover... the mechanism?
Inquiring minds want to know.... ;)
Thanks for the kind words mate. I'm hoping for 130mph next year, we run here in March. I didn't take any photos of the inside of the clutch cover sadly. It's pretty simple though, next time it's off, I'll take some photos.
As far as reliability goes , it'll do 8500rpm all day long, it's been spun to a little over 10k on the dyno, buy the crank didn't like it.

Yes some fine details there would also like to se more pictures and description fex about exhaust
Stiffening on frame ?? upper front ... Kawasaki ? Suzuki ? Wheel ??

Yes some fine details there would also like to se more pictures and description fex about exhaust
Stiffening on frame ?? upper front ... Kawasaki ? Suzuki ? Wheel ??
I made the frame from scratch. The wheels are both yamaha xs650 fronts. The forks are modified xt500 units, the triple clamps are billet made in my shed. The exhaust is loosely based on the flatrackers of the 70s, same dimensions just no mufflers.

It's my record, it was open when l built the bike. 122.6mph
Let us help you get that record of yours up to where mere mortals will be afraid to tread. Are you pulling your "redline" through the lights? Have you done the "aero" that is legal in your class? Did you shed shirt, shoes and skivvies to make the best aero package??
1671075786059.png

Forgive me for being a touch sarcastic. You report a 56 rwhp and I do not know the corrections for crank HP and I not know how that compares to the mid "70s" trackers being near "80hp". So,I have seen on this site that there is lots of port work needed to make real power. You have dynoed the motor and indications are 8500 rpm are ok, higher maybe not. Are you looking at cam profiles to get you better hp at 8000-8500?
Aside, very cool project...

Very cool ride you have there. I would like to know how you did the clutch release. Good luck next season on your record runs.

Very cool ride you have there. I would like to know how you did the clutch release. Good luck next season on your record runs.
Thanks for your kind words of support.
It just been a bit of fun to this point. As we all know, covid has put paid to most of our lifes for a couple of years, so l have some decisions to make going forward with this project.
Do l get serious, or just keep having fun.............

I don't have any photos of the clutch release, but it's not very complicated. Next time I've got the cover off I'll take a couple of photos. There is more work in the cover and lever than the actual clutch preasure plate.

Back