Saving my favorite gloves

Mailman

Hardly a Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
I have a pair of Scorpion SGS short cuff gloves that are my go to gloves in all but freezing weather. They are made out of quality leather, have Knox sliders on the heel of my hands, armored everywhere. I don’t usually spend so much for gear, but I always figured that if you take a spill the first instinct is to put your hand out to catch yourself. These gloves have broken in nicely and have taken the shape of my hands, I use mink oil on them like an old baseball glove.
Anyhoo......the one weak area of these gloves was the wrist closure, a rubber strap with a small patch of Velcro that wore out the first year of riding. The strap just kinda flaps around now.

So, today I carefully removed the Velcro from the straps and glove body and installed new snaps. I had bought a snap kit off of eBay years ago and gave it a go. I think it turned out pretty nice and the straps are nice and secure again. :thumbsup:
6A3BA661-06EE-4173-9502-2E5F9C134458.jpeg
2A55C98F-C59A-431C-831D-70BF86B0DF61.jpeg
EDA755CE-F101-4498-A7EB-96752EE83103.jpeg

Yes, a snap repair kit is very handy for a biker to have. I've repaired/replace/installed quite a few snaps on gloves and jackets over the years. I also have leather rivets that come in handy for little projects, like this battery strap I made after the MikesXS one fell apart. I re-used the wire loops at each end, just made a new leather strap for them .....

7e2Hqkb.jpg

Back