SAWZALL CREW... All hardtailed bikes please take a look inside.

Fndirtygreaser

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Ok. I think it's time to embrace the mockery " sawzall crowd" and roll with it. SAWZALL CREW !!! If you look at my signature you can see it. If you would like to represent and throw it in the faces of the people who talk shit. Then go ahead and add it to your signature. SAWZALL CREW MEMBER #2 and so on. Let's see how many hardtail guys are on this forum. It's time to round up the hooligans. FUCK THE HATERS. ! Must be hardtailed to join the crew. CHOP ON !!:bike:

There will always be for and against hard-tails and stockers.

Starting a thread like this makes a mockery of the good will on this site most of the "HATERS" you so call, are the one's that give most of the advice to all.

Be it tongue in cheek or not

This sort of attitude could send this site down the tube and be comparable to other sites where the members spend more time slanging off others and not helping without prejudice as this site does.

Before reading this thread I always found that reading all the posts on the forum was always an enjoyable experience.

I don't think it is necessary to call anyone a "HATER".

yeah buddy i agree with these two. no one is hating. i feel like you and a couple others fly of the handle if someone mentions a distaste for a style. no one is here to hate we're a community of xs lovers. its not a personal attack against you guys. i have a hard tail and know that a stocker or a swing arm bike is better in many ways when it comes to performance. its a no brainer, thats why motorcycles progressed that way. im running a mini drum up front, its better than a spooly, but not much. its silly to run, but i think it looks good and i wont be going fast than the city limits on this particular bike. so dont take this things personally otherwise youre going to stress.

Last edited:
+1 with 650Skull & txxs
This forum stands out among most others for several reasons, the exceptional caliber of the information exchanged. The willingness of those with the knowledge to share it patiently with those of us who do not yet have it. The comradery and encouragement from everyone when one of us is stymied by the task at hand and the jocular but good natured way in which it is often delivered. Last, but most importantly respect for and by everyone whatever they are building or riding.
Yamimoto

yeah buddy i agree with these two. no one is hating. i feel like you and a couple others fly of the handle if someone mentions a distaste for a style. no one is here to hate we're a community of xs lovers. its not a personal attack against you guys. i have a hard tail and know that a stocker or a swing arm bike is better in many ways when it comes to performance. its a now brainer, thats why motorcycles progressed that way. im running a mini drum up front, its better that a spooly, but not much. its silly to run, but i think it looks good and i wont be going fast than the city limits on this particular bike. so dont take this things personally otherwise youre going to stress.

+1 here as well. Neanderthal, had heard of but did not know who Hunter S. Thompson was until I read your tag line after reading one of your posts. It made me curious so I have since researched him and he has many great quotes. Excellent choice on your part.
Yamimoto

650skull- it's true. The most knowledgable guys on here are the ones who dislike choppers. If that is the case I would not want there advice. I want advice from the guy who loves motorcycles and likes I help others with their motorcycle.

Neanderthal- I don't fly off the handle as you pointed out. I know who you are referring too. Lol. I recently got sick of all this and posted what I did in the bobber thread. But I read and spend a lot of time on these forums in hope that maybe I can help or learn something. But when I see the guys talking down or negetive to anybody who does something different is just getting old. They like to interject their point of view even when when hardtail isn't the main question. Lol. For example the top mount thread. And now the who do bobbers handle thread.
I will always speak my mind. And I don't feel it is right that these guys can bully noobs into their ideals. Just because they are longtime members or knowledgable members. I shall cut and post the negetive things being said in these threads.

Your post is completely out of line.
If you have problems with someone, be specific, don't generalize.
I have never said one single bad thing about hard-tailing, or even hinted at it, but I'm willing to make an exception in your case.
Will a Moderator please delete this thread before it gets out of hand? Thank you.

BWHAHAHA. . . . . Sawzall Crew, I like it fndirtygreaser.
And maybe the site has grown enough to have sub-groups if a person is inclined.
So I will be adding a tag to my signature also . . . . all in jest as the previous 5 posters have said. With an element of truth.

***Edited because my opinion, like my ashole stinks***

You cutters carry on and THANKS for the value you've added to my bikes.

Last edited:
Since when did giving good advice , backed up by science and geometry and physics and stuff + sound financial advice in some cases all while diagnosing your mechanical problems , sometimes even giving tutorials to people that have recently purchased their first wrench and first motorcycle make anyone a hater ?

Next time you see the usual newbie post, you know like " I just bought my first motorcycle , what kind of hardtail should I buy ? " and look at all the "haters " that will give the same guy advice when he tries to start the bike for the first time . I Hate people that misuse the word hate .

Dog bunny- if you have meet said anything bad about choppers. Then you are not a hater. Haters are the people constantly going into threads to bash on hardtails. Even when the original question had nothing to do with a hardtail.

Weekend rider. That is awesome !!!!! Love it. Ride on!!!

First off let me say that everyone has a right to their opinions and the right to express those opinions. Sometimes we just have to try and understand where the other point of view is coming from and understand that there is a need for differing opinions in all aspects of life. Now I have to admit that I do indeed have a hardtailed bar hopper (granted I no longer frequent the bars but hey it is still fun to ride) but I knew what I was going to be doing with my bike so I intentionally sought out a basket case that was previously destined for the scrap yard to "chop". Maybe my younger Hell raising days are still there just a little subdued. There are candidates for each group including a full restoration, resto-mod, cafe racer, brat and choppers. If I had the chance and the budget I would love to get my hands on a '74-'78 and do a full restoration but knowing what I was going to be doing led me to a '81 that was going to be headed to a scrap yard if it hadn't been sold for the measly sum of $300. I am not saying that every bike should be chopped but if i hadn't bought mine in the condition it was in it wouldn't even be on the road today, so at least it is still living so to speak in some manner. Now I have to say that I do not contend that my bike is the most comfortable nor that it handles all that great but since it was what it was I feel no guilt in chopping it or trying different things that take it further and further from a stock configuration. I have great respect for the guys/gals that have taken on some of the more desirable years and restored them to their former glory, and also for the ones out there that have made the wonderful specimens of cafe racers and brat style bobbers. Much love to all those who are chasing their vision for "their style" of bike.

Clayton

There will always be for and against hard-tails and stockers.

Starting a thread like this makes a mockery of the good will on this site most of the "HATERS" you so call, are the one's that give most of the advice to all.

Be it tongue in cheek or not

This sort of attitude could send this site down the tube and be comparable to other sites where the members spend more time slanging off others and not helping without prejudice as this site does.
HATERS is your term and the highlighted in blue is what the HATERS, (your term), do

650skull- it's true. The most knowledgable guys on here are the ones who dislike choppers. If that is the case I would not want there advice. I want advice from the guy who loves motorcycles and likes I help others with their motorcycle.
Didn't read my post properly and by agreeing and then disagreeing is termed "Oxymoron"

Quote............ from what have you done to your XS today.
Fndirtygreaser;Drove 70 miles to hippy killer hoedown sat. Got 60mpg on hwy. bike made the trip no issues. [COLOR="Blue" said:
[COLOR="Blue"[COLOR="Red"]]Don't know how I lost to a run of the mill cb750 chop(oh wait the judge has a kz1100 and is 70's style chopper) I thought I had that best jap award in the bag.[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] Saw about 3 xs650. Would I hit up hk again probably not. But glad to put that in bucket list.

Lots of people appreciate the Look. My friend who owns el diable moto cartel had a cb650 with patina. Has a an old tractor rear tire.70's narrow Springer front with 23" old metal scooter seat. Shortened modified tank that has braze on the connections 4 into 1 intake with 1 carb etc etc But the people passing by would stop dead in their tracts and point out the stuff on the bike. I was at his booth all day and could see the looks on peoples faces.

Fndirtygreaser; [COLOR="Red" said:
The painted and polished look is fine. But that's all I see. Is a nice painted polished bike. Nothing I have not seen with other old 70 style chopper. Plain as fuck. Cookie cutter. :[/COLOR]/ I daily drive my bike. It's leaks oils, sometimes gas out of the fuel cap. I have went down on the bike. The bike has fell over due to short kickstand and was on light decline. I didn't have a heart attack when those things happened. I just picked it up and dusted it off. Fix the things that broke. And kept riding!!!!

Bit of a HATER yourself. or is it just sour grapes your oil leaking rust inspired bike didn't cut it.

No i am not HATING on your build just see a confused grouch

Dang it! I like all kinds of styles... What now? I admit that my bike is a sawzall hardtail and it doesn't "handle" very well. For what I built my bike for, it's just fine. It's fun and I'm proud of what I've done to it. If you ask me and I know your not, A well setup hardtail is still a hardtail. I'm not "hating", man I "hate" that term!
I agree with 650Skull, good lord help me,but this site doesn't need to go in this direction. I value all members of this forum and greatly appreciate the wisdom and knowledge found here.
I consider a lot of members friends. I don't care what they ride, just as long as they ride!:bike:
Opinions are like asses, every bodies got one.
Ok, carry on...

I read it correctly. And maybe you didn't understand me. I do not want help from people who have to put other styles of bikes that don't suit them. I don't care if they are the only ones who give the most advice.
And I don't care if you like my build. And I was surprised I didn't win. Was just venting In a xs650 forum I like to post in. I did state as to why I didn't think it should have won. . Fuck yeah I hated losing. I like to win. Thank you and have a great day

I like to see fn's posts on his "my way" build, and like the bike. I had and rode a hardtail a long time ago. Bought cheap after the PO missed some finer engineering fine points and took out the crank. Rode it all one summer sold it the next spring. It looked a lot like the bike that beat out fn's bike at the hippy fest. Lots of chrome and bright blue custom paint. The Harley guys mostly tried to ignore it. Also had a stock 750 Commando that year rode it a bunch too. Both those bikes had some nasty cornering habits (and front brakes). I've ridden a bunch O different kinds of bikes and am still looking. Doubt I will ever have a "rest of my life" bike.

I don't mind some friction and heated threads now and then, we can only take so many "my battery died" threads..............

Now about hardtails. Here's what I think; you want a hardtail and understand what it is and isn't, more power to you, XS650's aren't rare, if cutting up some old dirt common bike gets you in the garage working with your hands, learning and "inventing" that's a great use of old iron. I'd be willing to bet way more XS's have been crushed or left to rust to death out behind the barn than have been hard tailed. But if I smell some newby that wants a chopper bobber because it looks so cool without understanding what a hardtail is..... I feel duty bound to rattle his cage a bit and least make him think about what he is and isn't getting. And he should at least know that a large segment "real motorcycle riders" do NOT think they are safe or cool to ride in the real world.

Same thinking applies to the hyper sport bikes that you can walk into a dealer and buy. The ZX14 comes to mind. A wonderful incredible piece of engineering that really has no business being on the street, it's just too damn fast. (yes I'd buy another one, I'm weak that way) It's like patrons with loaded Uzi's in the bar, bad things are just too likely to happen.

I will say I think the lounge is a better place for this debate.........

I rode this bike around the yard after "fixin' the 'lectrics" for the builder, scary as hell, it won a show at Sturgis. Builder had to ride it ten miles to the show to enter, he wasn't too thrilled about that.

chase%20chopper.JPG

If you don't want this site to go down the tubes. Why don't other people stand up to members who constantly talk negetive about hardtail bikes ???? Just because they are knowledgable and have been here a long time doesn't give them te right. That's all I'm saying.

If you don't want this site to go down the tubes. Why don't other people stand up to members who constantly talk negetive about hardtail bikes ???? Just because they are knowledgable and have been here a long time doesn't give them te right. That's all I'm saying.
Try growing some thicker skin , most of what people are saying about bobbers, choppers and hard tails is meant to be funny or sometimes it is out of concern for the guy that may end up trying to ride it . You seem to be overly sensitive , try acting like a real 1960s biker instead of a poser with a pretend 1960s bike .

Back