Selling the RD

Well Guys thinning the heard a bit. Sell the RD if your interested
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1973-yamaha-rd350-4/

You do such beautiful work. Just a great looking little bike. Good luck with your auction, I’ll be watching with interest!
That's got @Mailman written all ovet it!:cautious:

Oh man, that brings back a lot of fond memories! Certainly a bike I think about…a lot! I had that exact bike back in 1974, I was the second owner. I rode that bike to high school and never had any idea what an iconic bike it would one day become. Wonderful little bike! 😃

Oh damn...and its in Idaho too! 😳

I've been on the hunt for something different, kinda bored with my CB350 phase.... :bike:

PM sent...
Pm returned

If you're bored with the CB350 you could move on up to a CB550. I would deliver this one to you also:)
z1 and cb550 copy.jpg

Yes not a Honda guy myself. But I have to admit, it's one of the nicest running bike I have ridden and own. It was hard to admit that to my Honda loving friend who owns several CBX bikes. Kawasaki is my preference, then Yamaha with a couple of Suzukis thrown in the bunch.

Yes I would expect $6500 but you never know on BAT

This one will be sold this coming summer
gs-done-1.jpg

At $2500 as of 11am. I'm thinkin' $6500 when it's all said and done. :whistle:

Hmm I know the market seems stale at the moment but I would think it may go for more.

I see em selling them in my neighborhood for more.

That one is surely a looker anyone would be pumped to have.

I’m knee deep in construction or I’d be throwing my hat in the ring.

Back when I still believed I could be the next Kenny Roberts ( :rolleyes: )... I used to buy RD350 bikes and parts by the truckload for a hundred bucks.

Where the hell is that damn time machine when you need it? :er:

I had an RD400 back in the day when I was in High School...it was OK, but I never really bonded with it much so I sold it.

I always read that Yamaha placed the engine a little forward in the frame to settle the 400's down a bit and make them less wheelie prone.

The 350's are supposed to be the most spirited, untamed ride of the bunch but I've never actually ridden one despite working in a Yamaha shop back in the day :umm: ?

Like the guy said in Dirty Harry.... "I gotsta know!". 😆

Yes not a Honda guy myself. But I have to admit, it's one of the nicest running bike I have ridden and own. It was hard to admit that to my Honda loving friend who owns several CBX bikes. Kawasaki is my preference, then Yamaha with a couple of Suzukis thrown in the bunch.

This one will be sold this coming summer
gs-done-1.jpg
Is that a Kerker header by chance? Always loved the sound of 4 into 1's back in the day on my GS750 standards. Thats bikes a beauty right there for sure.

Last edited:
At $2500 as of 11am. I'm thinkin' $6500 when it's all said and done. :whistle:

From what I’ve seen on BAT, the real action all happens in that last hour. I’ve seen bikes on there that I’m thinking “Wow nobody is interested, somebody is going to get a real steal! “ Then the auction goes crazy in that last hour when the real players show up! 😄

Is this the first bike you’ve listed on BAT? What do you think of the process?

Back