Selling the RD

From what I’ve seen on BAT, the real action all happens in that last hour. I’ve seen bikes on there that I’m thinking “Wow nobody is interested, somebody is going to get a real steal! “ Then the auction goes crazy in that last hour when the real players show up! 😄

Is this the first bike you’ve listed on BAT? What do you think of the process?
Yeah, not lookin forward to a last minute bidding war....guess we'll see what happens?

Beautiful bike. 😍 I had a good look at the pics on the BAT site and that’s got to be the nicest one I’ve seen come up for sale. Lucky for me you’re far away otherwise I’d be so tempted to snatch this up. Best of luck with the auction. I hope it brings in a boatload of money!

Last edited:
Well, that was a learning experience for me and an interesting one for sure.

Threw my hat in the ring on BAT, bid up and up to $6600, taking into account in back of my mind that I'd have to pay BAT 5% fees on top of the top amount I'd be willing to pay.

It kept getting last minute bids, which resets the 2:00 minute warning clock every time, allowing others to outbid the last bidder, unlike eBay.

Watched it stop going up at $7250...I gotta admit, I almost clicked it again but Im sure the high rollers in the bunch would of just gone higher.

I guess I'll just keep my eyes peeled for a fixer upper... I gave it a shot. :shrug:

How's yer DT comin' along, Jim? Hope I've not missed any updates.
I don't want to talk about it... :cautious:

I'll give an update on where my efforts have gone in a few days.
Hint.... it ain't been nothing fun... like bikes or vans. :(

Back