Shallow Thoughts

Why didn't I think about the Honda single and aircooled twins. 125, 250, 350, 360, 400, 450, 500. Another reliable simple source of platforms.

But the Shadow engines look SO much better. Intruders go cheap and have a lot of possibilities. They are already a bit of a cartoonish exaggeration of a Harley motor.

- kz750 ?

Kawasaki's answer to the XS650, although it took a while. I've never ridden one, but I've always liked the looks of that bike, the earlier non-cruisers, that is. I wonder what parts availability is like.

Here's a good article on it. The XS650 is mentioned several times.

http://www.motorcycleclassics.com/motorcycle-reviews/kawasaki-kz750.aspx

As for other bikes to consider, Suzuki's built about a bazillion GSes over the years. And leave us not exclude the Savage, a cool-looking, cheap 650cc ass hammer.

Kawasaki's answer to the XS650, although it took a while. I've never ridden one, but I've always liked the looks of that bike, the earlier non-cruisers, that is. I wonder what parts availability is like.
Had two myself. First one just like this with the funky purple.
2003%5C08%5C25%5Cbikepics-62799-320.jpg

And the second like this LTD. I liked the look of this one. Got pressure from the wife to sell when we were first married.
kz750c.jpg

I'd steer clear of Shadows and Intruders. Nice enough bikes have a Shadow myself that I am restoring, BUT compicated: Radiator, water pump, thermostat, cooling fan, electric fuel pump, switches, sensors and relays. Those KZ's work there is support for them as well.

So hurry up and put something together already!

:)

Back