shell swing arm

FLEA

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
picked up a shell xs650 replica swing arm.its a lot shorter and can take a wider tyre so will take a longer swing arm bolt (bought off ebay couple of years ago so wouldnt be surprised if it was made by a member.he said he was looking at making shell replic frames as well in the future???) was wondering if anyone knows what length the bolt should be and what bike would i be looking for (the bolt will be approx 1-1/2. inchs longer) could save me hours at the wreckers going through their bolt bins xs 750/850/1100 maybe?

Swingarm pivot bolt length won't be dictated by the width of the swingarm but by the width of the frame. It's the axle you need to be concerned about, and that should be a very easy measurement.

opps.i meant the axle.mainly after which axle is needed from which bike/model as would need to travel 2 hrs to nearest wreckers(which is only small) the internet would be a lot easier to locate it if i could find out the right bike/ model...outer length of swing arm is 22cm or 8 3/4 in.... thanks

I had a xle rethreaded and shortened at a tech college. talk real nice to the mechinist/eng. instructor. maybe he could use it for a lesson.
Got mine done for free.

Back