Shipping Motors

member3480

RICH
Reaction score
One of the members contacted me about shipping motors. So I am going to share with you my experience because I have shipped motors all over the world and sometimes you get the wrong info.
First of all if you are shipping threw a carrier like UPS-FEDEX-DHL motor must be in a crate or there may be damage on the other end when it gets there because the motor hops from state to state and more than one person touches it.
Shipping threw a TRUCK carrier like Roadway and many others you can put it on a skid and just strap it down but most of these guys want a loading dock on both sides
Shipping by air in USA can be on Skid but overseas must be in crate and all the correct paperwork must be with crate or it gets stuck and you don't want it stuck. Had a bike I shipped stuck between here and Germany for 6 months because someone separated paper work.
There are company's out there that I have used that ship bikes and happened to be going in that direction and took the motor crate for a reasonable price.
I did use U-SHIP that's the one on TV and did have good experience with the guy but he did make many stops before he got to my location.
Now here is the horror stories
One of my guys got one threw UPS and it went for under 150 lbs went cheap which he thought he got away with it . WELL the third stop it was put on the scale and then held for UPS RANSOM. Cost me full price to make it move so beaware of that even if your buddy works the UPS FEDEX desk. HAHA UPS claims that's fraud and claim they can keep box.
So ask questions and don't be cheap might bite you in the ass.:thumbsup:
Me I have a FEDEX account and motors go for under $300.00 with FEDEX FRIEGHT but you do have to drop it off.

Hi Daddy,
try bringing stuff into Canada via UPS. Those mother-pimping bastards bill the recipient a minimum $30 "brokerage fee" on top of what they have already been paid to ship it.
Anything I buy from the USA I tell the sender "Ship via USPS only"

To add on shipping to Canada. If you are using an LTL(less than truckload) carrier(Roadway, Dayton, SAIA, Conway, FedX, Overnight, Hollan etc.) The brokers name and phone number MUST be on the bills that move with shipment, along with the separate export bills, along with packing slip and declaration of heat treated wood which stay on the item. And make sure one or two of the companies "pro" stickers is on the item if you use shrink wrap and not just on the shrink wrap itself. A lot of the exterior covering doesn't make it. Without that "pro" an item goes into limbo and sometimes sits in a corner till someone has the time to figure it out. Time isn't something freight docks have any extra of.

Years ago I use to do a lot of bikes and motors for my Canada Brothers but we got by the bullshit this way. They use to ride and bring me 3 to 5 bikes and they would stay here in Philly for a couple weeks and we would do the bikes up. They would even trailer the dead ones and we would get them done and they drove them back over the border. DONE DEAL NO TAXES
I did this for a group of guys who had a small shop and couldn't get the parts that we had here in the US. I was a JAMMER DEALER then and every bike rag had Jammer in it.
I built some super nice bikes that crossed that border HAHA:laugh:
About 5 years ago when I had the Cycle Shop and Tattoo shop in Wildwood NJ I went to shop one morning and this big old ugly Harley was put in front of my garage door with a note PLEASE HELP I am from Canada and had bike towed here. So by the time the guys vacation was over him and his wife rode back on a new motor and a different looking bike. Man you guys come over the border with big cash.

Back