ShitFire does the Pancho and got me home!

txpowdercoater

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
wooot! It did great!
www.PanchoRun.com
average speed on straights was 70-75, main group was a lot faster but I didnt want to spin it up that high for such long distances, so we kept it happy, I ran valvoline 60 wt and the motor was a "1 kick" hot or cold the whole trip, averaged 53 mpg at those speeds through the hot texas hill country, twistys and turns and small hills and valleys, running stock carbs with mikes xs needles and jets and my 1.75" 2 into 1 pipes.
Bike was fully loaded with saddle bags and duffle bag on back and tent strapped to the apes.
There was only one other xs, hard tailed and he made it also, the xs's represented amongst the big v-twins this week!

34300_1313416164156_1493243986_30693734_6759782_n.jpg

oh yeah, after the third cheap assed chinese battery blew out the evening before I was to leave for the run, I built a tray under the front and ran a stock sized battery , zero issues.
I did see another, better brand, better quality small battery this week on another bike that has been happy for a long time, I will get one of those and install.

Oh yeah, Way to go! You have my hard ass of the week award for sure!

hahahahaha, ill have to pass the award to the guys who were on rigids with the metal seat pans and zero suspension anywhere! holy crap, my back couldnt have made it if I didnt have the air ride set up.

Back